Rumors? New Excalibur coming? Anyone?

AnnieF

Jul 26, 2012
Western NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Getting ready to jump off and actually spend the money... but I'm in no rush. HAPPY to wait if anyone knows of a BAD-A** machine coming...

So?

Anyone?

I'm specifically looking for a salt-water/wet-sand machine for the New England coast. VERY mineralized. Thinking a PI is the only way to go but wide open to being told I'm wrong.

I'll spend up to $2500 if I HAVE to but would much rather keep it around $1500 or so.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as I know, there is no plan to upgrade or replace the Excal any time soon.

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
As far as I know, there is no plan to upgrade or replace the Excal any time soon.

Underwater detectors is a small market, no financial gains... Excalibut technology has >10 year old and still works perfectly. Excal II was just a lifting of 800/1000 serie that was also a lifting from the Sword version with Sovereign coils.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello AnnieF,

I use the Garrett Infinium L/S for beach hunting; water transition and in-surf! I find the machine to be of high quality and easy to use. When metal detecting with a PI machine I dig every signal, you never know. The machine works well in mineralized soil in our area; we live fairly close to each other.

Regards,

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello AnnieF,

I use the Garrett Infinium L/S for beach hunting; water transition and in-surf! I find the machine to be of high quality and easy to use. When metal detecting with a PI machine I dig every signal, you never know. The machine works well in mineralized soil in our area; we live fairly close to each other.

Regards,

Did try a few times the Infinium for beach detection and it's a great machine but not very powerfull for a PI machine. Won't make any difference with the Excalibur II at the end of the day...

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sand Shark is also a good choice

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Consider the Excalibur II - Can't beat a broad band spectrum machine for detection and discrimination and depth. Works well in surf, wet sand and dry sand transitions with no adjustments to fool with. I've had 1 for 3 yrs now and love it. The higher frequencies allow for detection of gold that other single VLF detectors are blind too. At $1495 it is a good deal. Hint, if you go to Kellyco and sign up for their news letter or enter one of their drawings so that they have your e-mail address AND if you visit their website and specifically look at their Minelab products, repeatedly, you might get sent a coupon for $200 off a Minelab machine. I just received such an offer but don't need another Minelab detector, just yet. Kellyco does an unbelievable job of tracking website visitors and tying in their web site visits with product promotion to e-mail addresses as well as promotions on other web sites you visit. FYI

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
For salt water yes, the Excal will get the gold that VLF's will struggle with in mineralized sand beaches. However, in fresh water any VLF of around 15khz like an AT Pro would shine over Excals slow recovery speed.

OP
OP
A

AnnieF

Jul 26, 2012
Western NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello AnnieF,

Regards,

Does it have just one tone for targets or does it vary? Do you know what I mean? Does it just flat-out beep? Or does it beep differently depending upon the target/location? BTW: Do you know if the Excal does that? And where are you? We should get together!

OP
OP
A

AnnieF

Jul 26, 2012
Western NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Consider the Excalibur II - Can't beat a broad band spectrum machine for detection and discrimination and depth. Works well in surf, wet sand and dry sand transitions with no adjustments to fool with. I've had 1 for 3 yrs now and love it. The higher frequencies allow for detection of gold that other single VLF detectors are blind too. At $1495 it is a good deal. Hint, if you go to Kellyco and sign up for their news letter or enter one of their drawings so that they have your e-mail address AND if you visit their website and specifically look at their Minelab products, repeatedly, you might get sent a coupon for $200 off a Minelab machine. I just received such an offer but don't need another Minelab detector, just yet. Kellyco does an unbelievable job of tracking website visitors and tying in their web site visits with product promotion to e-mail addresses as well as promotions on other web sites you visit. FYI

WOW! What great info! THANK YOU! Will do!

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I have my fingers crossed for a FBS excalibur....But my gutt feeling thinks nothing new is coming.

NO....nothing new for sure on the excalibur side and CTX as well, and I have the info from a Minelab source :metaldetector:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does it have just one tone for targets or does it vary? Do you know what I mean? Does it just flat-out beep? Or does it beep differently depending upon the target/location? BTW: Do you know if the Excal does that? And where are you? We should get together!
Excalibur's do have tone I.D. but it isn't quite as good as other models. Generally, at the beach, you're going to dig all non-ferrous targets anyway (at least you should!) so it's not all that important. As for slow recovery speed, I don't see that as an issue either. In the water, you can't swing it fast enough to miss a signal.

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
NO....nothing new for sure on the excalibur side and CTX as well, and I have the info from a Minelab source :metaldetector:

Even with so many 3030s leaking? Without the gaskets upgraded it leaks. My locks on the shaft are already lose. Hhgl-Joe

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
For the locks, just send it back to Minelab, they have a VERY GOOD fix for the locks. To my opinion, the new locks are "too hard" now :icon_thumright:

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
For the locks, just send it back to Minelab, they have a VERY GOOD fix for the locks. To my opinion, the new locks are "too hard" now :icon_thumright:

hmmmm now I gotta buy my wife a machine hahaha so I have a backup. I mean so she can hunt too. Lol. I'm dredding not having my ctx. Hhgl-Joe

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have close contacts both at Minelab and at Kellyco, there are no rumors of a new water detector...

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I have close contacts both at Minelab and at Kellyco, there are no rumors of a new water detector...
That's good to know as I was thinking of getting a new Excal and was holding off because I didn't want it to be obsolete as soon as it landed on the doorstep!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions