New coil for CTX, 10/5?

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Guys,

The coilteck needs some times to get full out of it. I had the same impression but this coil is a killer for coins. It's a coin machine.

The 6" and the 10X5 are not for the same usage, one is heavy (the coilteck) the other one is small for difficult vegetation. The coilteck can't be handled as easily as the 6" can be. Take time to practice a bit the 50 tones mode + deep OR Fast (don't use both at the same time). The 10x5 is more confortable with ground coin separation most of the time.

Most important, stop watching your screen as it is not helping for those coils in trashy areas.

OP
OP
Vino

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Guys,

The coilteck needs some times to get full out of it. I had the same impression but this coil is a killer for coins. It's a coin machine.

The 6" and the 10X5 are not for the same usage, one is heavy (the coilteck) the other one is small for difficult vegetation. The coilteck can't be handled as easily as the 6" can be. Take time to practice a bit the 50 tones mode + deep OR Fast (don't use both at the same time). The 10x5 is more confortable with ground coin separation most of the time.

Most important, stop watching your screen as it is not helping for those coils in trashy areas.

Hey Frog, thanks for that..
I did get the 10×5. I used it once, was not to impressed with it. I put it away and pulled out my Deus and found a nice 1/2 reale with it..
I think Iam to set on the deus, rather then the CTX. .
I will give it some time though..
I always hunt in a open screen with the CTX, dont like the nulling..
George

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
So do I Vino! :thumbsup:

I only use CTX for pasture because it goes deeper (more power) and beach/shallow/not deep scuba. Deus is simply a killer for trashy areas, no doubt about it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread