SDC 2300 Water Head Phones any good?

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Curious if the underwater headphones for the SDC work well?
Thanks
AjR

Are you talking about Underwater headphones or waterproof headphones?

If it's the yellow koss, it really average...

OP
OP
Featherdfishead

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Callahan-ScottValley-Salmon River, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primarily Minelab SDC 2300
and Gold Bug Pro with NEL Sharpshooter, Grey Ghost Phones, an EzSluice, a good Pan, various Diggn Tools, and a Good'Ol Dog or Two
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes i was referring to the yellow ones - thanks for the reply - do you know if there are any other brands? I've searched but haven't seen any.
AjR

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
You have to buy the plug IP68/69 by yourself, buy a peltor / GG Amphibian and mount the plug. We do exactly the same for CTX 3030, excalibur etc...

You can ask "Lost item recovery", take a look in the "Beach & Shallow Hunting" section, he might help you...

OP
OP
Featherdfishead

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Callahan-ScottValley-Salmon River, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primarily Minelab SDC 2300
and Gold Bug Pro with NEL Sharpshooter, Grey Ghost Phones, an EzSluice, a good Pan, various Diggn Tools, and a Good'Ol Dog or Two
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i'll check that setup out. I had read that the yellow koss sucked. I use the land version of the Grey Ghosts and love them. I had hoped i could use the amph model but it didnt look like it - thanks allot!
good luck
AjR

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The Underwater version of the GG is not as good as the land version. piezo speaker are "low volume"

The amphibian version is much better (not hard). Koss yellow is a nice piece of Sx^xE.

Look at OBN on youtube (best mod guy for headphones, and lost item recovery to make your setup ;-)

With both your in good hand...

OBN is so good I even give a tribute each time

look at the decal (excalibur)
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/beach-shallow-water/453546-excalibur-ii-first-dive-depth-test-before-bewitched-obn.html

Watch the video

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread