Primary Interest:
Other

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like mine. I've used one other sling besides this one and it takes off most of the pressure from my arms. I don't like it because it is a little bulky. I had elbow problems and I used mine for about 8 months and I was still able to detect while my arm healed. I found out my problem was swinging too much, too fast with the CTX 6" coil. Basically, I was using that coil to cover areas that were too big and it wore my arms out and injured me.

The below are close percentages at least in my opinion on how the two that I've used work:

Pro Swing 45 will elevate maybe 75% of the pressure but it has added weight/bulk in the harness and I am limited on what I can carry on the belt.

The Detector Pro Detector Pal will take perhaps 50% of the pressure and it is lighter and easier to transfer between machines. There is also a major price difference between them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
monkeys uncle

monkeys uncle

Mar 26, 2014
Waxahachie, Tx
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 440, E-Trac, Fisher F-Pulse pin-pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Pointman:
Thanks for the feedback. I just recently had quadruple bypass surgery and supposed to limit how much I can lift, but more importantly the amount of travel (swing) away from my body. I've ordered the Minelab prod. and hope it permits my getting back "out there" sooner...dying of "cabin fever" and envious of everyone's finds in the meantime! Thanks again and HH!

Last edited:

Digger Max

Oct 27, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030
E-TRAC
ATPro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Pro Swing 45 is a good investment. The ability to detect without arm fatigueis what you have. You will like it. HH

OP
OP
monkeys uncle

monkeys uncle

Mar 26, 2014
Waxahachie, Tx
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 440, E-Trac, Fisher F-Pulse pin-pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
WOW - Bart (Big Boys) got the sling to me in two days (free shipping). Used it twice thus far (took a little getting used to) and figure out which adjustments worked best for me. Pulled a little over $3 (clad) today, incl. 1 wheatie...but also recovered a 4g Celtic Iona sterling cross. It's badly corroded and will take some serious cleaning to remove yrs of tarnish. Hallmark is a 'lower case' "r". Anyone know the name or location of the silversmith? Thanks again to everyone for the feedback and special thanks to Bart's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread