Coiltek Treasureseeker, 6" or 10"x5"? (FBS)

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
New to E-trac, have been snowed in, and going to try to get out this week. I bought the 10x5 coiltek, as a smaller coil with my machine. Like I said I have not been out with it yet, but dealer recommended it, as well as good reviews, on some other forums. I like the DD coils, not supposed to be much depth loss over the stock coil, and good separation. We will see!

OP
OP
Detector Wars

Detector Wars

Nov 26, 2008
New to E-trac, have been snowed in, and going to try to get out this week. I bought the 10x5 coiltek, as a smaller coil with my machine. Like I said I have not been out with it yet, but dealer recommended it, as well as good reviews, on some other forums. I like the DD coils, not supposed to be much depth loss over the stock coil, and good separation. We will see!

Test for target accuracy consistency. Do you get the same reading after each swing?

Front vs middle of coil, do you get the same reading on a target?

The reason I ask these questions is I had a joey coil years ago and it was very inconsistent.

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
I have usedthe 10*5 for a long time, fantastic coil. I have now the CTX version which is as good but much more heavy in the CTX version.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the 5X10 Joey on my E-trac and love it for trashy parks or old house sites.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread