Etrac screen

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out for the third time, with the Etrac. Unfortunatly with the cold weather we have had, the sand at the beach had re-froze past 2-3- inches deep!:BangHead: Still have less than 10 hours with it and I really like it, but........................that damn screen is impossible to see on a bright beach. I know, its a sound machine, and I have no problem with that, but when you hear that sweet tone, and check to see the numbers, or use the Quick Mask screen, which is awesome, man its tough:icon_scratch:

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Go to preferences. It's far right on the Etrac and play with the contrast.It might help.

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had this issue when I used my E-Trac. I often wondered if putting an "anti-glare" screen protector would help, but I never tried it. You could probably find one for an iPhone fairly easily that would work.

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had this issue when I used my E-Trac. I often wondered if putting an "anti-glare" screen protector would help, but I never tried it. You could probably find one for an iPhone fairly easily that would work.

I got one from Zagg, just for the Etrac, but it is not anti glare. My glasses get darker in the sun....................that might be some of the problem. Contrast dosen't do much!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread