frogmaster-riviera

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Last edited:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Did your research determine that the 16.8v was too much? Why you went with the 14.8v unit instead?

Also, where can I source the housing, connector, and cap? Wouldn't mind putting together one of these for my Excal II. Already have a nice LiPo hobby charger.

16.8 is fine, but no added gain in detecting performance. Just a battery that will run around 40 hours on a charge.

OBN0342.jpg

skygear

Greenie
Mar 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great intel. Thats the longevity I am looking to gain.

Now where do I find the cap, connector and housing if I want to make my own?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great intel. Thats the longevity I am looking to gain.

Now where do I find the cap, connector and housing if I want to make my own?
Check EBay, Minelab want sale parts....

sofia

Tenderfoot
May 12, 2012
I have two problems.
1. I live in Japan and have a hard time getting a lot of the stuff available on eBay.
2. I was wondering if one of you guys doing these battery changes could post a video somewhere or direct me to a good one. It doesn't need to be about the Excal in particular, but I need to know some basics.. I need to change my battery, but I am worried about various things, being a total newbie.
For example, what wires to use, how and why you would attach a panel, how to install a lipo vs a Nicad, and especially, any differences in charging methods... I am worried about not charging the right way and frying my new batteries...
Thank you so much for any help at all.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get the RNB battery system for it. It's a straight plug in replacement for the stock battery and comes with it's own charger. You'll need to use the factory adaptor however. The RNB battery is slightly smaller, so, put a small piece of padding (like sponge rubber) to keep it from sliding around in the pod. The RNB battery lasts many times longer than the stock one, and is cheaper to buy.

skygear

Greenie
Mar 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
anyone have a lead on a spare battery pod I can put a LiPo setup in/? Was thinking to put a digital voltage readout in it with a magnetic switch that I could activate with my external magnet I use for iron. Is a regulator necessary?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread