xterra 705 noise ?

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got an xterra 705 a couple of months ago and first started using the 6 inch coiltek that came with,great coil by the way...anyway just recently put the 10 inch 7.5 KHz coil on for about an hour hunt...I noticed,especially in pinpoint it was making a noise like it was resetting itself...Only takes about a second and doesnt seem to affect the detector adversly in any way...just wanting some input from 705 users as to what that is to help me understand it better or is it an issue with detector

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Much more likely a coil issue. Check your connection and try a reset, but if it persists, and if that coil is the only one that does it, suspect the coil.

JrMack

Feb 16, 2014
steuben co. ny
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter, x-terra 305/505/705,discovery TF 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 505 doe that when its overloaded by Iron, the reset. Its more prevalent when I run the sensitivity high.

OP
OP
B

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanx guys for the help...took 705 out today and i still have some learning to do.....what the 705 was trying to tell me was ...I needed new batteries....LOL...I wish I had listened earlier,before I walked into the woods without a fresh set of batteries,that i thought i had,but they turned out to be dead too.....LMAO...But thanx again guys for the help

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread