New Excalibur 2 any tips?

jtindover

May 8, 2012
Dover , DE
Detector(s) used
minelab Equinox 600,Minelab Excalibur 2, White's M6, Detector Pro Uni-Probe headphones, Tesoro Sand Shark , Fisher F2, Tesoro Compadre 8", Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So after 3 years of beach hunting with my Tesoro Sand Shark PI I finally made the jump to a minelab Excalibur 2! After one day of using the machine I think I am going to like it! The only complaint so far is the stock shaft is awful for me. The stock shaft is to short and poorly balanced to me. So the first thing I am doing is upgrading to a straight shaft! I was swinging a 8" Coil on the SandShark the excal has a 10" coil that i like so far! The weight of the excal seems substantially heavier some of which I think is the short shaft. My first day out I experimented hunting in Discriminate and all metal mode. I had success with both finding a gold earring and 2 silver earrings. However I think I am favoring hunting in Discriminate! Any tips to help speed the learning curve? Pretty happy so far!

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You need knobs and knob guard. Good luck. I found it heavy too. -Joe

So after 3 years of beach hunting with my Tesoro Sand Shark PI I finally made the jump to a minelab Excalibur 2! After one day of using the machine I think I am going to like it! The only complaint so far is the stock shaft is awful for me. The stock shaft is to short and poorly balanced to me. So the first thing I am doing is upgrading to a straight shaft! I was swinging a 8" Coil on the SandShark the excal has a 10" coil that i like so far! The weight of the excal seems substantially heavier some of which I think is the short shaft. My first day out I experimented hunting in Discriminate and all metal mode. I had success with both finding a gold earring and 2 silver earrings. However I think I am favoring hunting in Discriminate! Any tips to help speed the learning curve? Pretty happy so far!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need knobs and knob guard. Good luck. I found it heavy too. -Joe

Ok, sorry, but for us greenies, what is "knobs and knob guard" ?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get a harness for it, you can get one at KELLYCO or make your own. I can hunt from dawn to dusk with my excals with no problem and they have 15 inch coils on them. You let go, it hangs by your side controls up, it supports the weight of the detector, your just guiding it...

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hip mount mine and can hunt all day with it, even with the 15" Wot. See my response to the post before this one for tips on using the Excal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread