Minelab E-trac....

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000D..Whites Classic 3 SL with Mr. Bill mods..Whites MXT...Minelab X-terra 705..Minelab Explorer SE Pro..Whites DFX..Minelab E-trac...Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think Minelab has gone as far as they wanted to go with the E-trec and they put out the CTX 3030.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Minelab ETrac has transformed metal detecting and will continue to be relevant for many years.
Well done Minelab!
Peace ✌

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Minelab ETrac has transformed metal detecting and will continue to be relevant for many years.
Well done Minelab!
Peace ✌

CK (or anyone), you say the Etrac has "Transformed" MD'ing, if you had to pick the #1 transforming feature what would that feature be?

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They freakin' well better NOT!!!

(I just bought one) :laughing7:

Jackalope

Jun 27, 2009
Oahu, HI
Detector(s) used
White's, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
does anybody think that minelab will come out with some kind of upgrade or new E-trac model

They did ... it's called the CTX-3030. The E-Trac will probably continue to be made for years to come. At some point though when sales lag, the E-Trac will go bye-bye. You'll still find them on E-bay for the next ten years, at least.

OP
OP
J

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000D..Whites Classic 3 SL with Mr. Bill mods..Whites MXT...Minelab X-terra 705..Minelab Explorer SE Pro..Whites DFX..Minelab E-trac...Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to see Minelab come out with a better screen on the e-trac to make it easier to see, also would be nice to be able to set and adjust your own tones where you want them and how you hear them...I have an e-trac and had the 3030 in the past and sold it, not being a water hunter and having no use for the GPS..i just couldnt justifie having a machine that cost that much doing the same thing as the e-trac, but I did like some of the options on the 3030 that I think would work well for most e-trac users.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Utah Digger

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2016
Utah
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250, Minelab xterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The E-trac has been out for 10 years know, does anybody think that minelab will come out with some kind of upgrade or new E-trac model, at some point in the near future ??...saving up my money, but its burning a hole in my pocket..:)

Its hard to improve on perfection!

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to see a non water proof ctx, maybe a little cheaper for us guys how are never in the water.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread