What would be the Maximum acceptable Ferrous number (FE-CO)

Golden oaks

Aug 4, 2012
BEACH BETTER HAVE MY MONEY!
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Excalibur II
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I am still trying to figure target identification codes on the 3030.:icon_scratch: It seems everything I find, or have read about Do Not have a FE code above 12. What would I lose if I canceled all FE's above 13? I have tried to search for codes online and have only found lists for coins. I plan to set up a program for saltwater/beach use where I am searching for jewelry (gold/silver) and coins... no relics or nuggets. If you know of any available programs that may help or can offer any codes, please chime in!

I currently have GoneHunting's Orig Combined, GH's #1 Combine Mode, GH's #2 Combined, GH's Multitone Coin.

Thank you all!

tcornel

Aug 11, 2011
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 17" & 6" coils, Equinox 800, Propointer AT, Stealth 920i, Lesche Sampson and digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depending on the angle, mineral content and target sometimes you will get good targets with a 13. I have also noticed that high conductivity readings are diggable for deep silver.

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well to answer your question, there isn't. Ive dug morgans and silver halfs at 1-50.
And most silver will hit 12 then jump to 13. That how you can tell its silver, other than the tones.. Always trust the tones first..audio audio audio. .
The deepest coin i ever dug with the ctx was a 1/2 reale, thats was 9 plus inches down and it was just a bump in the audio, no numbers and no iron grunt thats why I dug it..
If your using the GH for history program the first one thats all you need.. open screen in combined mode. I love hearing everything.
George

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Geez, if I went by that I wouldn't have found half of my good finds.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have it set to Ferrous-Coin, the target ID on coins usually hangs in the 12-13 FE range at most depths IF you have a target ID. Most deep targets at the fringe of detection may not give a numeric ID, but can usually still be heard audibly. As Vino mentioned sometimes it's only a "bump".

By discriminating out everything below 13 no doubt you would miss the deeper coins, and I'd hate to see that happen to you. :)

OP
OP
Golden oaks

Golden oaks

Aug 4, 2012
BEACH BETTER HAVE MY MONEY!
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Excalibur II
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have been running the GH #1 program (wide open) and paying attention to tones & location on display. I still dig up trash, but I don't want to miss the goods! Disregard the zone canceling I was considering. I have a better understanding of target display.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread