CTX3030 Andy Sabisch book THE CTX3030 HANDBOOK now available

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I've read it. Practiced it. Read it.

Gone out and tried stuff. Learned lots. Some made sense, some confused me.

I finally understand high-trash and low-trash. It was not what I thought.

I've been playing with Training program 1. Added the nickels into it, took 'em back out to get off the pull tabs.

Every adventure I learn.

I am however, still trying to learn how to turn the volume up and down.

Earplug volume, not the really freaky one that actually has nothing at all to do with volume...

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've read it. Practiced it. Read it.

Gone out and tried stuff. Learned lots. Some made sense, some confused me.

I finally understand high-trash and low-trash. It was not what I thought.

I've been playing with Training program 1. Added the nickels into it, took 'em back out to get off the pull tabs.

Every adventure I learn.

I am however, still trying to learn how to turn the volume up and down.

Earplug volume, not the really freaky one that actually has nothing at all to do with volume...

I've got a lot of experience with the CTX and that training program makes a lot of sense to do instead of heading straight into the machine. If your talking about the volume, I generally keep mine maxed, but use the headphone controls to adjust.

I was able to pick up some things from the book that I didn't know, such as understanding why iron behaves the way it does (wrap around). It is one thing to know it because of the way it sounds, but knowing why it shows up a particular way on the screen is a different thing to understand. I also learned why the machine loses the pinpoint when you have it set to normal. I noticed this before, but I always worked around it, but pulling the coil away from the target and letting off the pinpoint and going back into it. Essentially, resetting it, but I didn't know it had the ratcheting feature until I read the book.

Electriken

Jan 27, 2016
Barwon Heads Vic
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, Garretts Seal Hunter
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Live In Australia, where do I get a copy?

I appreciate the feedback and hope everyone finds the new book to be of value - input from others is what makes it a comprehensive book for the CTX 3030.

It took longer than anticipated to get through the writing / proofing / printing process this time but hopefully it was worth it in the end.

Andy & Charlene Sabisch

Hello Andy,
I have just purchased a CTX3030 a month ago and use it every day ,still learning where or how can I purchase a copy of you book?

Regards Electriken
Barwon Heads Vic
Australia

denwag

Nov 8, 2015
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
V3i, CTX3030, AT Pro, Garrett Carrot, TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is a superb manual for the CTX 3030. And its a wonderful reference manual that will grow with you. Its all there. If you own or are even thinking of buying a CTX 3030 this manual is a requirement.

aleelopez

Greenie
Feb 21, 2010
Albuquerque
Includes access to CTX mode / settings files for download?

Where can I find the setting and mode files? Is there a web site in the book? What page?
Cant find where? Thanks for your help in advance!!!
Albert Lopez
Just got back from picking the book up from the Post Office. I understand why TH said he was still reading his!

Holy Cow Batman! This is a textbook. But with fun thrown in as well. It'll take a bit to read = 8 1/2 x 11, 185 total actual meat & potatoes pages, and I'll need to put on my reading glasses.

Edit:

Also note that purchase of the book includes access to CTX mode / settings files for download.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Seven months since I bought the book, swinging the CTX in the meantime.

Like seriously, I'm still re-reading the book this morning.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Bought it.

Last edited:

djm of PA

Jun 11, 2010
Carsonville, PA
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac and White's Classic 4
I've had my CTX for about a week now and I reach for Andy's book before reaching for the Minelab instruction manual. It is easy to follow and just filled with a wealth of info. On day 1 I wanted to throw my CTX into the river. On days 2-7 I have re-read parts of this book, made changes and started finding oldies in spots that were dead to me with my e-trac. Well worth the small price when going all in on the CTX.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Ordered a signed copy of Andys book last night. Hope it helps

USMC Reaper

May 23, 2015
Abbeville, S.C.
Detector(s) used
MineLab CTX 3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're going to love it. I've had my 3030 and Andy's book for months now. The book is kept with my hunting gear and I was referencing it on a site yesterday morning.

Thanks for your service, Brother. Semper Fi

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread