Headed to the beach with m/Etrac. Settings???

monkeys uncle

Mar 26, 2014
Waxahachie, Tx
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 440, E-Trac, Fisher F-Pulse pin-pointer
Primary Interest:
Other

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wet sand, open screen, ttf. Dig everything except iron. Dry sand, well you can run just like you're used to doing in the dirt.
GL HH Mike

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your beach conditions will allow it, do what MMJ said. If you're getting lots of falsing in the wet, you may have to run a modified open screen and kill off the false signals in the 01 and 02 lines. I have to do that here in SoCal in our black sand areas.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dumb question, because I have one and haven't used it much..........why not use "The Beach" program?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like hearing all the sounds and decide for myself. Starting out, you may be overwhelmed by an open screen and all the various sounds, so, go ahead and use the beach program if you like. Jewelry can fall into virtually anywhere in the non-ferrous range, so, I keep it almost completely open except for the chronic false signal numbers.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If your beach conditions will allow it, do what MMJ said. If you're getting lots of falsing in the wet, you may have to run a modified open screen and kill off the false signals in the 01 and 02 lines. I have to do that here in SoCal in our black sand areas.

? in the 01 and 02 lines... In conductive or Ferrous?

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Depending on the beach, run that sucka wide open if you can and let your brain decide what you want to dig. Assuming youre not relic hunting, I'd also black out the lowest Fe lines.

A good scoop is a must. For dry/damp you can get away with a less stout one if you want. If youre going to do much beach hunting, I'd go ahead and bite the bullet and get a sturdy/heavy one. I like the Sunspot Stealth- best warranty of any product in any business and American made in MI. But theres several other good ones out there too, all about the same price point- I'm sure others will chime in with what they like.

Clean well after each hunt. You WILL get fine sand in every available nook and crease.
But above all, don't let salt water (well, ANY water) into the upper half of the unit.

Good Luck and let us know how you do.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
? in the 01 and 02 lines... In conductive or Ferrous?
Both for the most part. I leave the 01-39 to 01-45 open for big silver but X out the others if I get constant falsing in that area. I leave the 02 conductive too, for those pesky small platinum rings!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread