ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
(do NOT take me wrong; I love all the FBS machines, but I think the 'which one' decision mostly comes down to $$$ at present)

imo, both will get the job done but it comes down to money.
If money is a concern, get the Safari.
If money isn't a concern, get a CTX.
If 'I really don't want to spend more than an eTrac', save up a bit more and get the CTX.

Going with a compromise is rarely a long term winning strategy if its possible to wait a bit and get the best option.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The E-trac is just more versatile in it's adjustments. Many more options to customize it to your hunting conditions.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The E-trac is just more versatile in it's adjustments. Many more options to customize it to your hunting conditions.

Agreed! I would buy a used E-Trac if it is about $. MUCH better machine. Feel free to call us with questions and ask about our deals for Tnet members!;)

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
Both machines are good, the etrac just gives you more information on your target. Watch some videos on both and see for yourself if spending the extra money for an etrac makes sense to you. I went straight for the etrac myself and I love it.

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The extra audio options make the E-Trac my go to machine ! Tone hold gives me "Old School" Sovereign like sounds and the four tones setting gives my tired ears a rest.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread