CTX 3030

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
And then Minelab made the CTX 3030
And all others were obsolete.
What a perfect machine that needs nothing but a charge to go hunting...no modifications needed, it already has it's own straight from the factory.
Interchangeable coil connectors, pin point button, headphone connectors, excellent performance, stability, depth, depth readings, GPS, numerical target display, collapsable straight shaft, adjustable arm cuff, back packable breakdown, customizable programming.

What more could you want?!
The CTX 3030 was very well planned out and far surpasses my expectations!

I had a chance to test one out and I can honestly say that I am blown away.

Great job Minelab and all your technitions who designed this work of art!!!

I have owned many different brands, models, types of detectors for different
Hunting environments and must say you ladies and gentleman have managed to produce the best metaldetector I have ever used!!!

Hats off to all of you at Minelab..... You have certainly outdone yourselfs!you are definitely the worlds greatest in metal detector technology!

To those who are unfamiliar with the CTX 3030.....my advise is don't by anything but one of these!
Save yourself, the time and money of going from machine to machine and get out and dig those precious metals that the other machines leave behind.
Don't waste another day or dollar and I can guarantee you'll be glad you bought one!

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What took you so long? I still can't help taking my sovereign to the beach however.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What took you so long? I still can't help taking my sovereign to the beach however.
When I went to the beach I took 2 excals and my Sov gt, now it will be 2 excals and the 3030.. Sov stays home unless it is an overnight road trip then it comes with me...

Last edited:

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I went to the beach I took 2 excals and my Sov gt, now it will be 2 excals and the 3030.. Sov stays home unless it is an overnight road trip then it comes with me...)
I'm still working on an Excal, soon very soon:occasion14:

OP
OP
lost items recovery

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

What took so long could possibly be related to bills as living in South Florida isn't cheap.
If I told you what I pay to live here you'd probably vomit on your computer!

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
After nearly almost 3 years of detection with CTX on various fiels and conditions:

For beach and shallow (saltwater): unbeatable, simply the best detector
Land: I prefer to use my Deus for all around detection
Underwater: I prefer excal and CZ-21, but CTX does the job very well

CTX is a very versatile detector, my friends are always impressed that I use the same machine for scuba the morning and land detection the afternoon....
It is not the best everywhere, but it is not the wrong choice either!

Last edited:

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
For someone that doesn't have the ctx but does have the etrac, how much better is it compared to that machine? I currently don't water hunt, so would a person like me see a big difference if I upgraded to the ctx?

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For someone that doesn't have the ctx but does have the etrac, how much better is it compared to that machine? I currently don't water hunt, so would a person like me see a big difference if I upgraded to the ctx?

The Minelab CTX3030 has a faster processor and FBS II. It will do better in iron trash. I find myself digging a lot less trash than I did with the Minelab Etrac. The multiple target ID will help you find good targets mixed with bad targets. Add to that the GPS, wireless connectivity and waterproof feature- it's a great upgrade!

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuuff.com

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
Thanks for the info Wayne. I need to check the added features out. Hopefully there is a good YouTube video out there that shows what you reference.

Jackalope

Jun 27, 2009
Oahu, HI
Detector(s) used
White's, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

No, you won't see a big difference. You will see a difference in ergonomics, a smidgen better target separation and ID at depth, and more user control over the need for DISC with the CTX. But you'll get 95% of whatever the CTX gets with the E-Trac. My main reason to switch was not the display (almost impossible to see in sunlight), or the GPS (unused), or the clock (?), or target trace ... what I liked was that the CTX is waterproof (no more plastic bags needed), it has better ergonomics (no more tired forearm), and it has combined mode (limits the need for using DISC which reduces target sensitivity by using adjustable bins). None of these things are critical, but it is better than the E-Trac and so I upgraded (plus I water hunt with the CTX which the E-Trac cannot do).

I'm afraid that people will upgrade to the CTX and discover that all the hype is just hype and have massive buyers remorse. If I didn't hunt in the water I'd probably buy one of the new fast-processor lightweight detectors with great target separation that are out now. I'd lose on target ID since the FBS shines there and I'd lose even more in highly mineralized ground (depth and sensitivity) but outside of a few special circumstances the newer detectors can excel where the FBS detectors fall down, plus you'd save some money.

If you are after silver coins in mineralized soil - stick with the E-Trac, that's what it does best.

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
Thanks Jackalope. This is good to know, as currently my biggest thing is coinshooting, so if the etrac can find 95% of what the ctx can, I can't justify spending 2 grand plus on one. The only reason I would upgrade, just like you, is if I take up water hunting.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have etrac and 3030 and I prefer 3030, ETrac is going on the block...

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
I have etrac and 3030 and I prefer 3030, ETrac is going on the block...

For land detection...no much difference, especially with the large available choice of coils such as Neil's for etrac... and the Sunray pinpointer!

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I held on to my Etrac for a year when I got the CTX3030. The faster processor makes a big difference in iron. After the year of not even turning the Etrac back on, I sold it. I also use an XP Deus , but dig a lot less trash with the CTX.

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
Thanks guys. Sounds like mixed opinions on if it's a big difference between the two machines. I guess I just need to watch a few ctx videos and look for the things you all have pointed out. I haven't even thought about upgrading until now, and I love the etrac. I have round more silver with it than all my other detectors previous combined. It might be nice to have the waterproof capability. Just have to decide I guess which way I want to go.

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
If you don't need waterproof feature: take a look at the Deus from XP Metal. It is probably the best machine around :thumbsup:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Why decide one over the other. Just add the CTX to your stable and you've got two great detectors.
I have the Excal as well and love using them both.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You should always have a backup detector........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread