Central, Virginia
Detector(s) used
DEUS XP V5
MINELAB EXPLORER II
NAUTILUS DMC
WHITES COIN MASTER
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My Sister, moved to the country ... and bought a 'lil chunk of land. She knew I enjoyed relic hunting - so she invited me over..... Her & I, being brought up .... tagging along - relic hunting with our Mom & Dad, back in the late 60's, was a way to spend the day. My Sister had 2 detectors. They were pre-intrey level machines. I've been swinging the Explorer ll, since day 2. On this new spot, Explorer was weeding threw some trash, and picking up a few "keepers" - my Sister spent Her time digg'n "rust". That afternoon She made Her decision - She wanted to get serious. She picked up the Minelab 705. TODAY: Am this morning, She unpacks it. (She's been studying online, basic operation) .... hook up @ 10am - hit behind the house - when I find a "sweet" tone, I'll call Her over - and learn. She spent the better part of the morning, learning what not to dig. This went one until 1 - ish ..... took a break - decided to hit ridge quickly, for future "game plans" My morning find :
100_0542_zpsqtjjmbyg.jpg

I let Her do Her thing - I'm working a creek - we hook up - wala" - She says she found a "blouse" button - Yep!!! a confederate scripted infantry "blouse" button -
photo%201_zpskjyet6qn.jpg

Were Both retired .... and I see a future of "digg'N dirt with Her

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love the post. Nice to read about hunting with your sister. Congrats to the both of you and your finds.:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions