Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everytime I dig those it ends up being a large, smooth piece of iron. The lowest I have seen a coin drop on the FE scale is 26 (Etrac)

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've done a lot of digging in the 35-XX range just to see what lives there. Has anyone found anything besides rusty iron? I keep hearing that people have found deep silver but I just don't see it happening.

No just rusty iron here too....

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
Me too. And I haven't dug a ton but sometimes if it sounds real good, I will dig it. It's never been anything good, only nails, or big iron.

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah when I get some stuff bouncing in 20-46 range and sounding pretty good I open the discrimination it starts showing in 3X-46 range I usually skip it. I dig it some times to check, but almost always old iron nails and screws. Rusty square nails aren't that exciting to me.

I don't think I ever got anything good higher than 21 or 22 on FE side.

HH,

Pete

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I really don't pay any attention to the FE-CO scale, if it sounds right to me I dig it.

The only exception was Thursday when I'd dug so darned many zincolns I didn't want to dig anymore.

OP
OP
RobRieman

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I really don't pay any attention to the FE-CO scale, if it sounds right to me I dig it.

The only exception was Thursday when I'd dug so darned many zincolns I didn't want to dig anymore.

With an open screen the iron with the high tones in the 30-35 Fe zone sound the same to me as the high tones on the 12 line. If I dug everything that sounded good I would only need one place to hunt and would never make it to the other side. [emoji31]

OP
OP
RobRieman

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah when I get some stuff bouncing in 20-46 range and sounding pretty good I open the discrimination it starts showing in 3X-46 range I usually skip it. I dig it some times to check, but almost always old iron nails and screws. Rusty square nails aren't that exciting to me.

I don't think I ever got anything good higher than 21 or 22 on FE side.

HH,

Pete

Same here. I don't think I've ever found a US coin above 15 Fe.

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
With an open screen the iron with the high tones in the 30-35 Fe zone sound the same to me as the high tones on the 12 line. If I dug everything that sounded good I would only need one place to hunt and would never make it to the other side. [emoji31]

I use Multi-tone and agree to me 12-47 sounds the same as 35-47. I am sure some people hear better than me.

I have hit US coins above 15 FE but they were pretty deep and bouncing between 11 and 21 FE until I start digging

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread