Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like them for that situation. Light, compact, and inexpensive fits the truck carry requirements perfectly. With the auto ground balance and simple controls makes it a good little performer for the money. :)

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not in the market, but why wouldn't you get a 60 instead of a 40 for any use other than for a child to use?

OP
OP
kickit

kickit

Mar 18, 2013
southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Etrac, AT Pro, F2, Garrett Propointer
Thanks Fort Bedford, Champ I didn't see much difference between 40 and 60 other than better Bluetooth which I probably won't use but if I've overlooked something I would definitely go with the 60 because I like the color better anyway.

OP
OP
kickit

kickit

Mar 18, 2013
southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Etrac, AT Pro, F2, Garrett Propointer
Champ, I forgot to mention I have only read about these and seen YouTube videos. Is the 60 heavier built?

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I plead ignorance- I probably shouldn't have posted a response. I really haven't looked at any of them, just read a bunch of the early posts about them. I am under the impression that you gain features (more discrim patterns?) as you spend more with the GoFinds. But please ignore me if I am wrong.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually if you are into saving money the 40 is the better deal, in my opinion. With the 60, you gain a plastic scoop, a pair or earbuds, an armband as accessories that are optional with the 40, and the 60 has a slightly enhanced bluetooth app. You can discriminate out three of the icons on the 60, while on the 40 you can only discriminate out the lower two. Also the 60 has four tones while the 40 has three (the middle icons share a tone on the 40, the 60 has two different tones for the middle icons). One final minor detail is the 60 has a finer adjustment to the sensitivity... 5 levels to the 40's 4 levels. The coils are the same, the build quality is the same... oh I guess the color is different. :)

If you step down to the 20, now there are some significant differences when you downgrade to that machine.

Hope that helps - let me know if there are any other questions I can help you with about them. :)

GO-FIND%2020_LHS_350px.jpg

GO-FIND%2040_LHS_350px.jpg

GO-FIND%2060_LHS_350px.jpg

GO-FIND 20 Features:
GO-FIND 40 Features:
GO-FIND 60 Features:

• 2 FIND modes
  • 8-inchwaterproof coil
  • 3 Sensitivity Levels
  • 5 Volume Levels
  • Weight 2.2 lbs

• 3 FIND modes
  • 10-inch waterproof coil
  • 4 Sensitivity Levels
  • 5 Volume Levels
  • 5 Treasure View LEDs
  • Backlight
  • Pinpoint
  • Bluetooth
  • Std GO-FIND App
  • Weight 2.3 lbs

• 4 FIND modes
  • 10-inch waterproof coil
  • 5 Sensitivity Levels
  • 5 Volume Levels
  • 5 Treasure View LEDs
  • Backlight
  • Pinpoint
  • Bluetooth
  • Go-FIND Pro App
  • Weight 2.3 lbs
  • Digging tool
  • Smartphone holder
  • Ear buds

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, FBD! While I was ignorant, I wasn't totally wrong in my impression of the Go Finds.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be careful using Go-Find on beaches, you get sand on the shaft and collapse the shaft the sand can cause shaft to lock up...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread