Thoughts 13" Ultimate Coil Etrac ???

PlayingInTheDirt

Nov 17, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Nokta Fors Relic, Sunray X-1 Probe, Garrett Pro Pointer, Coiltek Coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All

Was looking at the 13" ultimate coil for my etrac and was thinking about getting one but wanted to hear from some users out there about the performance and does it give me anything over the stock 11" DD coil? I like the stock coil but was just looking to upgrade to a little more depth without the extra weight. Thanks For Any Help!!!

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hope you get some great response here... I love my etrac, and my new Coiltek 15" WOT coil should be here Thursday... I am also looking for the best big etrac coil :)

OP
OP
PlayingInTheDirt

PlayingInTheDirt

Nov 17, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Nokta Fors Relic, Sunray X-1 Probe, Garrett Pro Pointer, Coiltek Coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope you get some great response here... I love my etrac, and my new Coiltek 15" WOT coil should be here Thursday... I am also looking for the best big etrac coil :)

Yeah, i have tried the coiltek 15" WOT and it was a good coil but way to heavy for me. I just didn't like the weight, but if you can hold it up it does a great job for ya. Also, i know people on here are going to say why didn't i put a sling on to hold it and i will answer that also. I did purchase a sling but just couldn't get use to it enough to like the set-up. I been using the stock coil forever but now coil hunting again so just trying to find some users out there to tell me a little about the 13" Ultimate coil. Hope you enjoy your new WOT good luck!!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm now using a 15" NEL Attack coil on my E-trac and am finding things deeper than my WOT could detect. I find it pin points better too.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm now using a 15" NEL Attack coil on my E-trac and am finding things deeper than my WOT could detect. I find it pin points better too.

How's the weight of the Attack compared to the stock coil?

OP
OP
PlayingInTheDirt

PlayingInTheDirt

Nov 17, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yeah, that's what i don't want is a lot of weight. I would say it is a little on the heavy side if it is a 15"coil.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thoughts 13" Ultimate Coil Etrac ???

I tried the 15" WOT then the 13" Ultimate. The Wot is way way to heavy and clumsy on an S shaft detector of any kind. The 13" Ult is quite a bit lighter but still not enjoyable. I found the X-8 and the stock 11" Pro coil to be my favorites on the Etrac.

OP
OP
PlayingInTheDirt

PlayingInTheDirt

Nov 17, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried the 15" WOT then the 13" Ultimate. The Wot is way way to heavy and clumsy on an S shaft detector of any kind. The 13" Ult is quite a bit lighter but still not enjoyable. I found the X-8 and the stock 11" Pro coil to be my favorites on the Etrac.

Thanks Fletch for reply!! What difference in depth if any from the stock 11" Coil to the 13" Ultimate? Thanks Again!!!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never did any definitive tests between the two to give any definite number. It would probably be 1-2" max based on difference in size alone.

OP
OP
PlayingInTheDirt

PlayingInTheDirt

Nov 17, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never did any definitive tests between the two to give any definite number. It would probably be 1-2" max based on difference in size alone.

Thanks for info Fletch!!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How's the weight of the Attack compared to the stock coil?
It's much heavier than a stock coil, but, I use a Detecting Buddy sling, so, it doesn't really matter to me what it weighs.

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ran the Ultimate on my E Trac for awhile this season and then I bought a NEL Tornado to try since I have had several of them on other detectors and liked them. I was pleasantly surprised at how much more I liked the NEL. It runs very stabe, has a much thicker and better shielded cable and the mounting ears are probably the thickest most solid ones on the market.
I also run the NEL Tornado on my F75, and AT Pro. If they ever make one for the Makro Racer I will buy on for that unit also.

OP
OP
PlayingInTheDirt

PlayingInTheDirt

Nov 17, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ran the Ultimate on my E Trac for awhile this season and then I bought a NEL Tornado to try since I have had several of them on other detectors and liked them. I was pleasantly surprised at how much more I liked the NEL. It runs very stabe, has a much thicker and better shielded cable and the mounting ears are probably the thickest most solid ones on the market.
I also run the NEL Tornado on my F75, and AT Pro. If they ever make one for the Makro Racer I will buy on for that unit also.

Your the first i have herd of to like the NEL over the Detech coil. Does the NEL seem to give you anymore depth than the stock DD 11" coil? Thanks For Reply!!!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get more depth with the 15" Attack than stock, both on the Excalibur 1000 and the E-trac.

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If looking for coins the stock coil on the Etrac has found me 6 coins at 14 inches deep. Let me tell you it's no fun digging that deep. I would not want a bigger coil and I had a 14 inch coil once on the DFX and I only found one dime at ten inches . The Etrac found all the coins the DFX missed.
I would only want a bigger coil if I were relic hunting.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might change your mind if you have a huge expanse of beach or ball field to search. other than depth, the large diameter coils have a definite advantage in coverage too.

OP
OP
PlayingInTheDirt

PlayingInTheDirt

Nov 17, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks All For Reply's............. I have purchased a 13" NEL and been using it for about a week now. It is running smooth and so far i really am glad that i purchased it. Found a deep 1910 wheat with it the other day and have found a couple of silver merc's so far doing a good job. Thanks again for the help & Good Luck!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread