Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This might be something dumb I pressed, but I have no idea how to get it back.

I was hunting last weekend in the rain and early in the day, everything was normal. I went to another spot and started hunting, then I noticed I was hearing Iron grunts.

I thought I went back to the "zero discrim" mode, but it was still the same as it was before. I was still getting good solid ID's on coins, but the grunts would never go away.

I checked my buddies CTX and we were running the same program, but he wasnt hitting Iron like I was.

Is there a button or setting I could have hit to make this happen? Im used to my ATP where there was a button set for that, but dont recall this having it.

It was raining and muddy and I was fumbling around with shiii, so I have a feeling I set something.

Any help would be great!

thanks!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What pattern were you running?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Change your search mode to relic, and then back to coin/jewelry and see what it does.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Diggin my friend, we want to know where this will go. A learning moment perhaps?

OP
OP
Diggin-N-Dumps

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in a my costume search mode, it was just weird that it was fine for the first part of the day, then all of a sudden it shows that im in the same mode with the same discrimation, but the Iron grunts were coming thru. I will try and play with it when I get back from San Fran.

I just didnt know if there is a simple button/setting I could have hit to make the Iron sound no matter what setting Im in.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you hit the detect symbol on the Minelab CTX, the mode will change to the open screen with all metal audio. Hit the detect symbol again, and it goes back to your discrimination mode. Was that the issue, or were you seeing the iron blacked out on the display and still getting grunts?

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

OP
OP
Diggin-N-Dumps

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you hit the detect symbol on the Minelab CTX, the mode will change to the open screen with all metal audio. Hit the detect symbol again, and it goes back to your discrimination mode. Was that the issue, or were you seeing the iron blacked out on the display and still getting grunts?

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Yea, it was showing the Iron notched out and it still has grunts, Going to check it again tomorrow when I get out to see if its "Fixed" itself. It doesnt really effect much, just sucks in super trashy areas where it never shuts up haha

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Possibly it is your audio settings. Are in in combined tones? The low tone "Grunt" may be getting applied to lower ferrous readings. You can always do a factory reset to see if that solves the problem.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another thing to check is under your tone ID profile, where do you have your FE base tone set?

celtic fox

Nov 8, 2015
surrey uk
Detector(s) used
ctx3030 , deus lite , garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i would think you changed tone id profile sounds by mistake if you have bottom right corner blanked out you shouldnt be getting iron grunts

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
As already mentioned try factory reset. Assuming every setting has been double checked. You could be using high trash and he could be using ferrous coin type thing. Hhgl-Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions