Msdigger22

Msdigger22

Jan 4, 2014
hazelhurst Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Xp deus ,minelab safari, whites mx5, fisher f70 ,Garrett at pro, ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! You are already killing it with that E-Trac!
Thanks man all of yall helped a bunch but i still got a long ways to go with learning it [emoji1] but the old safari I had a couple of hundred hrs on really helped with the sounds. After the first dime I pretty much knew when I was about to dig another is 11-43 about where they normally read at and I think the Indian heads were 10 \11-35 all with solid numbers at places I've taken the deus to and know I had to have went over them multiple times but just too deep to give a good siginal on it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice couple day finds for sure! Are you using the stock coil? Maybe I'll have to pack mine in the backpack next trip out.

OP
OP
Msdigger22

Msdigger22

Jan 4, 2014
hazelhurst Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stock coil and just the regular coins program with manual sensitivity at 30 everything was over 8 - 10 inches except for the merc and it was in pretty heavy iron

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
The etrac is very different and you have to use it for a little bit to get used to it. I have found 4 times the silver with it than all my other detectors combined.

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess your getting the hang of it! I took your Deus out yesterday and scored a KGII LC and a merc. Lot to still learn though.

OP
OP
Msdigger22

Msdigger22

Jan 4, 2014
hazelhurst Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess your getting the hang of it! I took your Deus out yesterday and scored a KGII LC and a merc. Lot to still learn though.
The deus is killer but where I'm at I fill the depth is one of the major factors in finding the coins others have missed

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its too slow in the iron, nothing you can do can change this fact. I like being in the iron, I don't hunt salt water so it just isn't for me.

Are you in a hurry and why? The best thing about detecting is the hunt, weather, the friends, etc... I am so glad I am not in a hurry...... :)

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
da63701f585cdfa5471317423663bceb.jpg
pretty good start with the Etrac I think. I ran it mostly in the stock coin mode with manual sensitivity all the way to 30 the 3 barber dimes,buffalo nickel and Indian head pennies were all as deep as the pinpointer or deeper but gave solid tone and numbers in a fairly clean field. I got the merc running TTF at a church I went to a hundred times with the deus and a bunch of other detectors I pulled 3 nails out of edge of the hole with the merc so I don't guess it's too bad in the iron thanks for the advice guys

Great job.. I run manual 30 all of the time with awesome results...

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you in a hurry and why? The best thing about detecting is the hunt, weather, the friends, etc... I am so glad I am not in a hurry...... :)

It's slow in recovering / resetting to read the next target.....or the threshold is slow to reset after nulling out is what I mean if that makes sense. Or look at it this way, with the right settings, the Deus shoots a laser beam the thickness of a dime in the ground, the etrac shoots a beam 2" thick into the ground, the downside to full band spectrum machine. If I get some time after Christmas I'll make a video showing what 0 discrimination / open screens sounds like in heavy iron on both machines, then I'll toss some silver on top....you will then know what I mean.

I hear a lot of "etrac found this or that above/below/touching iron...." I can't get a good signal unless I'm 2" away from iron, forget about above or below masking.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Msdigger22

Msdigger22

Jan 4, 2014
hazelhurst Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's slow in recovering / resetting to read the next target.....or the threshold is slow to reset after nulling out is what I mean if that makes sense. Or look at it this way, with the right settings, the Deus shoots a laser beam the thickness of a dime in the ground, the etrac shoots a beam 2" thick into the ground, the downside to full band spectrum machine. If I get some time after Christmas I'll make a video showing what 0 discrimination / open screens sounds like in heavy iron on both machines, then I'll toss some silver on top....you will then know what I mean.

I hear a lot of "etrac found this or that above/below/touching iron...." I can't get a good signal unless I'm 2" away from iron, forget about above or below masking.

With your Deus and etrac u should have the bases covered real well u have an extremely deep coin machine and a kick ass relic machine u go over an area with both of them and there isn't much left at all

timelord

Sep 1, 2014
Sheboygan WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I run in all metal if there's to much iron, yes it's hard on the ears but the Safari will still pick the good ones out.

OP
OP
Msdigger22

Msdigger22

Jan 4, 2014
hazelhurst Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I run in all metal if there's to much iron, yes it's hard on the ears but the Safari will still pick the good ones out.
That how I ran my safari when I had it and it picked out almost all of the coins in places I took it

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
I hear a lot of "etrac found this or that above/below/touching iron...." I can't get a good signal unless I'm 2" away from iron, forget about above or below masking.[/QUOTE]

That's why you go slow. I have dug coins out of the same hole with rusty nails, bolts, etc., but if you swing it too fast you will blow by these good targets. Case in point, yesterday I was out with my father in law. He was all over the grounds of this old school and while he dug some coins, I dug twice the coins including a 57 Rosie and I stayed in a 30 foot by 30 foot spot. He couldn't believe I found what I did when I told him the area I hunted.

timelord

Sep 1, 2014
Sheboygan WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That how I ran my safari when I had it and it picked out almost all of the coins in places I took it

That's my experience too. There's an old park in my town that has been hit supper hard over the years by others, I know this by talking to others who detected there. This year I have recovered many wheats, three barbers, five Mercury dimes, one Buffalo, six V's, twelve Indians and a Walking Liberty half along with a few very old tokens. I think that shows the Safari is a capable machine.....

OP
OP
Msdigger22

Msdigger22

Jan 4, 2014
hazelhurst Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes the safari is definitely a very capable machine especially when u learn it