E-TRAC WITH SUNRAY X-1 PROBE

1916 silver

Dec 22, 2015
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
minelab e-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am an e-trac user and I am thinking on purchasing a used e-trac for my son that is for sale that has a sunray x-1 probe on it.Has anyone experienced any kind of performance dropoff with an e-trac that has a sunray x-1 probe.What are the pro's and con's to it? The e-trac for sale is less than 3 years old and is described as being in excellent condition. Any opinion would be appreciated.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Etrac with the x-1 probe ? The probe has no effect on the detector...

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is zero down side to the X-1. They are worth more used than when they sold new because they are that good. Don't think of it as a probe, think of it as a 1" coil you can switch back and forth to. I seriously miss having one for the CTX.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The advantage of the probe is it runs through your detector at the same settings to include discrimination. If you disc iron like I do the probe not will not beep on the discriminated targets like your pin pointer does.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have one on my F75SE and love it and the one for my Etrac was supposed to come Saturday but didn't. Hope it will be here tomorrow. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread