Greenie
Dec 29, 2015
Southeastern MA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My CTX should arrive today! I also have an AT pro but often hunt with a friend that has an Etrac. When we compare signals on targets, the AT pro holds it own 75% of the time but I also end up digging 2X the trash and less silver. I know I am comparing apples to oranges but most of the parks I've been to have been pounded and yet the Etrac still manages to pull silvers out pretty regularly. I am looking forward to learning the CTX but I will also keep the AT Pro because I can't bring myself to let it go.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats...your gonna love it!

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You wont see my AT Pro for sale ever lol. But after seeing the two screen option of the Etrac which is the sane for the CTX I want a CTX 3030. I just have to find the money for it. Like most I live on a budget. My ol F75 just doesnt work very well in certain conditions. This morning I had the worst hunt of the year with the F75. Im sitting here with a sore back as I was determined to find a coin and got skunked. I know there is coin at this one spot as my buddy keeps sending me pictures of them lol. So yes get the CTX and enjoy.

OP
OP
bottlecap

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You wont see my AT Pro for sale ever lol. But after seeing the two screen option of the Etrac which is the sane for the CTX I want a CTX 3030. I just have to find the money for it. Like most I live on a budget. My ol F75 just doesnt work very well in certain conditions. This morning I had the worst hunt of the year with the F75. Im sitting here with a sore back as I was determined to find a coin and got skunked. I know there is coin at this one spot as my buddy keeps sending me pictures of them lol. So yes get the CTX and enjoy.

I live with a budget too, but there is one thing I am missing a lot of guys have that hold them back......I'm not married....no wife:laughing7:

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live with a budget too, but there is one thing I am missing a lot of guys have that hold them back......I'm not married....no wife:laughing7:

My wife says i can have the CTX under one condition. whatever i spend on a metal detector the same amount has to be given to her in cash. Looks like the CTX is gonna cost me about 5k

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I say get I had a atpro I just couldn't get use to just keep finding bottle caps . So struck with my trusted T2 until I met NM Dan with a etrac, so I invited him to hunt with at to my go to park . NM DAN on the first hunt finds 6 silvers and 9 wheatys. At a park park that I pounded with my T2 , so I pulled the trigger got my self a etrac and and first day using it found 10k gold pendant in the same park. So far I ve been using the E-Trac I found approximate 10 silver coins, jewelry and relics for civil war. So I say get it !!!!!

OP
OP
bottlecap

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I say get I had a atpro I just couldn't get use to just keep finding bottle caps . So struck with my trusted T2 until I met NM Dan with a etrac, so I invited him to hunt with at to my go to park . NM DAN on the first hunt finds 6 silvers and 9 wheatys. At a park park that I pounded with my T2 , so I pulled the trigger got my self a etrac and and first day using it found 10k gold pendant in the same park. So far I ve been using the E-Trac I found approximate 10 silver coins, jewelry and relics for civil war. So I say get it !!!!!

I did! Look up a couple posts, ordered it Friday, should be here in a couple days!:thumbsup:

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife says i can have the CTX under one condition. whatever i spend on a metal detector the same amount has to be given to her in cash. Looks like the CTX is gonna cost me about 5k

Tell her OK but she has to give you the same amount in cash that she spend on shoes.
Youll come out way ahead on that deal.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Ordered my new version CTX 3030 last week from Tony S @ FBMD. Scheduled for delivery Tuesday and I can't wait to hit the beaches...
There are a couple of neat features that most people like or just downright love. One is the graphical target ID that uses the two number system. With this system the first number is a Ferrous number, the second a Conductive number. To keep this simple, the conductive number is from 1-50, and works similiar to what you are used to with the AT Pro... Good silver coins are higher numbers and lower conductive targets are lower numbers. The conductive number is both graphically represented on the screen laterally from left to right on the CTX 3030 and as the second number displayed on the target ID.

However instead of simply displaying the iron targets as the lowest of numbers on a conductor scale like the AT Pro, the CTX displays the probability of the target being iron in a radically different way. The 3030 will show a target that it thinks is iron by dropping the target both to the bottom of the screen graphically, and by displaying the first number as a high number. If it thinks the target is less likely to be iron, this Ferrous number will be much lower. Coins for example will rise up the screen and normally display as a 12 on the ferrous number. Rusty iron usually drops to the 33-35 range.

Case examples: A quarter will usually read 12-46 on the CTX, with the 12 being the ferrous component and the 46 being the conductive component. A bent nail will often have the same conductive reading, but have a much higher ferrous readout and this read very near the bottom of the screen displaying a 35-46. In this case you would know to ignore the nail and dig the quarter simply because the ferrous number told you the target was likely desirable or undesirable. If you went only by a conductive number like most machines on the market, you would end up digging both targets.

This all being said, the CTX 3030 has the ability to graphically represent two targets at the same time - they are shown as two target IDs simultaneously. You often will get BOTH the 12-46 and the 35-46 on the screen at the same time. In that case expect both a nail and a coin to emerge from the hole. I haven't seen anyone who didn't like that. :)

Finally- the tones you hear are customizable, and the simple answer is yes - you can change the tones to suit what works best for you. You can set it up to have one tone, two tones, four tones, or multiple tones that is a gradual variation across or down the screen.....and within each method the audible tone of a specific level can be can be customized. This may sound complex, but in reality for most people once you find the setting you like, it doesn't get changed. :)

Hope that helps!

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tell her OK but she has to give you the same amount in cash that she spend on shoes.
Youll come out way ahead on that deal.

LOL your on to something. I may have leverage after all. She spends way to much on her hair.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread