CTX 3030 Price

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CTX is good in water but for land , relics, silver and gold. I would put an etrac up against a 3030 any day. So just to up the E-trac my son is in the logistics for the marines and finding IED's Etrac is what they use. just saying.
I own both, but I favor the 3030...

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
Yes, I am pretty happy with my CTX as well...

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CTX is good in water but for land , relics, silver and gold. I would put an etrac up against a 3030 any day. So just to up the E-trac my son is in the logistics for the marines and finding IED's Etrac is what they use. just saying.

Ever seen Bomb Patrol Afghanistan? They most certainly DO NOT use eTracs to find IED's,they use Vallon detectors. That's why they call the guy who runs point the "Vallon Man",not the "eTrac Man"....just saying.

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Minehound and Gizmo metal detectors are "the current state-of-the-art technology dual sensor detectors capable of detecting command wires, non-metallic and low-metallic signature IEDs using ground penetrating radar," according their product description online. "In addition to GPR, the Minehound uses Vallon's advanced metal detector sensor, which is the same sensor used in Vallon's VMC-1 Gizmo detector to find both metallic and non-metallic threats."

CHIPEOD

Nov 27, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 150
CEIA CMD
Vallon gizmo VMC-1
Deep ordnance locator
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Minehound and Gizmo metal detectors are "the current state-of-the-art technology dual sensor detectors capable of detecting command wires, non-metallic and low-metallic signature IEDs using ground penetrating radar," according their product description online. "In addition to GPR, the Minehound uses Vallon's advanced metal detector sensor, which is the same sensor used in Vallon's VMC-1 Gizmo detector to find both metallic and non-metallic threats."

As a EOD tech I must concur I have never used or seen an etrac machine in country and if I did I might slap the taste out of the users mouth, GPR is where it's at

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I also have both the Etrac and the 3030. I much prefer the 3030. My Etrac is now just the backup if needed.
Gary from Oregon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread