CTX-3030 Leaks

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are postings on here about taking the rechargeable battery apart and then tossing the batteries and installing other more reliable ones. Looked fairly simple and easy, need a bit of soldering ability though.

don't forget there is a PC circuit board in there too. If it floods, that board is going to be fried too. Changing batteries with a bad PCB is pointless.

NC Digger

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2015
Gaston County, NC
Detector(s) used
Safari, Excal2, CTX, Nox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got back from Myrtle Beach SC yesterday. I have ver 1 with the o ring seals and have kept the rubber pad in the pc connection port. Was in the water for 5 days without a problem. Plan on doing some creek searching this summer. The o ring is a good fix, but you still have to make sure the port is clean of sand. I always if in doubt about the o ring toss it and put a new one in as they are pennys apiece!

Good luck and HH!

OP
OP
Digger Max

Digger Max

Oct 27, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030
E-TRAC
ATPro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well it looks like the leaking problem on the CTX has been taken care of. No noise from the 2016 owners about leaks is good. No problems here!!! HH to all

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had mine in the ocean water for almost 8 continuous hours last week. No leaks or any other problems. Of course, what the battery was removed to be charged, there was a lot of sand in the o-ring channel. If people will take the time to thoroughly clean that out every time before put it in the water, there would be a lot less "leaks"

OP
OP
Digger Max

Digger Max

Oct 27, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030
E-TRAC
ATPro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep, I was at Gulf Shores last week for 5 days no problems but the key is what you said ...clean...clean...clean

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well it looks like the leaking problem on the CTX has been taken care of. No noise from the 2016 owners about leaks is good. No problems here!!! HH to all

Agreed! We have had zero issues with any leaking on any of the 2016 Minelab CTX 3030 V2 we have sold. Fingers crossed...

On a side note as Jason and a few others have said if properly maintained/cleaned the older version are good as well. My personal one has seen the ocean several times with no problems. Fingers crossed again!

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any more input on this guys...inquiring minds want to know":tongue3:

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any New Info since 2016?

I changed my O'ring to the thicker one and only use it snorkeling...If I dive, I use my CZ-21 Great Dive Machine

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is important to fully seat the battery before closing the clamps and close both both clamps at same time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread