Whats happening at MineLab?

MadmansLegend

Apr 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard to tell how this one was fueled.....

In regards to the blog, it is crap and seriously who in their right mind would complain about dropping prices. In my house we have two 7000's and three 3030's and my nice year old daughter uses the Go Find 60. So they closed an office for what ever reason and now prices have dropped; well good I love lower prices, I do not buy used machines.

To me it sounds like a bunch of poor people complaining about a price drop because their efforts on the machine they purchased have not paid out for them, and now prices have fallen and they want to act like someone owes them something. No one forced you to buy a darn good machine. All of our have paid for them selves a couple times now.

Repair time frame issues? Once again something tells me some people feel that just because they paid a little more for something that means they should go in front of the line. Seriously get over your selves, if your machine is needed that bad then why do you only have one machine. Get a back up or get over it.

I am a major fan of Minelab products, but man I really can no stand so many of the Minelab owners. To me it is like Mercedes Owners, yes I own a G63 AMG but no I do not think it paves a gold path for me that others should step to the side and bow down over. Too many Minelab owners act this way and I feel that is because they hunt above their own means and or abilities. Mercedes drivers are often the same way, they go finance their quarter of million dollar car or truck because they can not afford to pay out right for it, then when the slightest thing goes wrong it turns into a Witch Hunt.

I think some folks need to have a breathalizer directly hard wired into their computer access. Come on here and slam a corporation about how they run things with little or knowledge what so ever about what is going on, you want to see change, first become informed, then purchase stock in Codan Limited and then come back with that 12 pack attitude.

Its just sick,

Stop being so apologetic for minelab. They may make decent performance machines but unfortunately they seriously lack in quality, I could attest to that personally as I've owned 6 new minelab detectors and they all has serious repair issues, and I pamper the hell out of my machines. I think most of these people here that complain isn't because they have nothing better to do, they have a pretty good reason to. I'm sure they'd rather be out detecting if they were provided with decent quality service.

Minelab needs to get their stuff together and stand more behind your products! They make more then enough money with the high prices to be able to provide decent customer service. But you let corporate bean counters run loose and the ending result is "Minelab".

"a bunch of poor people complaining about a price drop because their efforts on the machine they purchased have not paid out for them" - that is a pretty infantile statement to make!!! No, its not that people are too poor and complain a lot, it is more like some people have paid a lot of money for a below average quality product and they would like a company that boasts being the "Mercedes Benz" of metal detectors to at least stand more behind their products. Id be pissed too if i just spent $2600 on a detector and have it perform anything less then what was advertised!!!! Venting Completed!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have owned 3 excals, 2 sov gts, a safari, an etrac and a 3030 and I have been very happy with the performance and customer service by minelab over the last 9 years....

Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had purchased a Minelab 705 from Kellyco, and ask for a disk on instruction on how to use it , and was info that they do no have any, and Minelab info me the same thing. I be grateful if somebody does not want theirs, to sent it to me free.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honest Samuel,

Don't worry about your grammar. I can understand you just fine! HAHAHA All you need to do is go to Minelab's Website. There, you can download every brochure or manual for almost any Minelab Detector. Here is a link to the XTerra 705:

Metal Detectors - Minelab Metal Detectors - for metal detecting, gold prospecting, treasure hunting, pulse induction and countermine operations.

Good Luck

Madmanslegend,

If true. Then you are in the minority. My first Minelab was an SD2000 Gold Machine (about 1995). My second was an original Excalibur (Sword and Horseshoe Coil about 1997). I have also owned a Safari, Quattro, an Excal 1000, and an XTerra 705 Gold Pack. I still have and use two SD2000's (one modded and restoring one). My Schiebel MIMID replaced the 705.

I am NOT easy on ANYTHING I use. My stuff gets dragged through some of the worst places imaginable. I maintain all my equipment, but I am not easy on it. The coil on my "old" Excal went bad, so I replaced it (after many years) with the new Excal 1000. I put a 15" WOT Coil on it. Since the mid 1990s, The ONLY thing wrong with ANY of my Minelab Detectors is the bad coil on my (then) ten year old Excalibur.

Hell, if Minelab made a two-box, I wouldn't have three Fisher Gemini's, and if Minelab made a Magnetometer, I wouldn't have my Fisher FX3 Ferro Probe.

Mike

Kwillie

May 28, 2016
Galveston Tx
Detector(s) used
Teknetics D 4000
Minelab excalibur II
Minelab go find 20
Garrett AT Pro.
Garrett ATX Deepseeker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man this is scarry just ordered a minelab excalibur II from Kellyco it's on backorder. I thought minelab excalibur would be the best for the beach with discrimination. Not rich not poor just blessed, I hope I get a good unit 1500 is a lot of money if it's not good quality.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me try this in a difference way, I have a manual which is hard to read and understand. When I mention "disk" I had mean the instruction video that people place in their computers. I can learn better that way. If you have one that you no longer need, please sent me a private message. Thank.

:occasion14:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man this is scarry just ordered a minelab excalibur II from Kellyco it's on backorder. I thought minelab excalibur would be the best for the beach with discrimination. Not rich not poor just blessed, I hope I get a good unit 1500 is a lot of money if it's not good quality.

They are all good quality. Minelab utilizes world class manufacturing and engineering they are not a hit and miss type company.
The Excalibur's stock shaft is very nose heavy. It is fine as long as you are in the water but for wet sand hunting you will want a rear mount straight shaft setup. Good luck with your new machine!

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ken- there is no reason to be concerned with Minelab products.... They are very well engineered and the performance in many situations can not be beat.

Also if you don't want to wait we have new Excals in stock... :)

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Why would one ever want to go to FBS over BBS? BBS is what makes the Excal/Sovereign perform so well on gold.
You are right on there i would take a BBS over a FBS any day . I have had both and the BBS is number one to me..

Last edited:

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Texas / Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are all good quality. Minelab utilizes world class manufacturing and engineering they are not a hit and miss type company.
The Excalibur's stock shaft is very nose heavy. It is fine as long as you are in the water but for wet sand hunting you will want a rear mount straight shaft setup. Good luck with your new machine!

Finally couldn't deal with the Excalibur stock shaft anymore. Ordered the Plugger CF 3 piece straight shaft. Should be here soon. Tt

JASONSPAZ1

Oct 21, 2010
MA
Detector(s) used
I have had them all but currently use a Makro Multi Kruzer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have had my Sovereign GT for a while now and It shows no signs of slowing down.
However, if it needed repair it would have to be sent to Kellyco.
No ill against Kellyco, but since my GT is out of warranty it will be at the bottom of a backed up repair list.
This is where American machines shine.
For the most part all of the American manufactures have fast service and repair turn around time.
I do know that Makro/Nokta have some outstanding customer service and turn around time.
As a foreign metal detector manufacture they could teach Minelab a thing or two about the importance of customer service and interaction.
Just my opinions.

HH
Jason

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been told the ML repair center has cut the backlog in half, working to cut the repair time down to 3-4 weeks by end of the month.

January 20, 2017 A New Beginning!

Jermbo

May 7, 2013
My ctx 3030 arrived at kellyco this morning to have the screen fixed, it's out of warranty, I hope it don't take too long to fix

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread