Wireless and hearing aids...

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I blew my ears out as a young lad and now wear AltaPro 2's (hearing aids).

They are wireless, but not actual blue tooth. They have connector boxes that can bluetooth into cell phones, TV idiot boxes and such... but I'm not able to find anything that might come from Minelab that might make the bluetooth connection.

Has anyone heard (pun intended) of the technology for this?

It would be great if I could just blue tooth the detector into my hearing aids... how cool.

And, since most of this younger generation is going to be wearing them by age 45, it might be something for Minelab to consider.

joee5

Dec 16, 2015
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excaliber II
Whites XLT
Garrett PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lost most my hair. Losing my vision. Slowly losing my teeth' piece by piece. But I still got sharp hearing, good enough to hear my girls talkin smack upstairs :)
Hope you figure it out, as it may be beneficial to many

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
GIB,

I'm sure there's something out there to fit the bill for you.

Regards + HH

Bill

OP
OP
G.I.B.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
This is what the CTX 3030 is great for (among many other things)...

I can set the tones for the ones I can hear when I'm on the headphones. Can't do that with most detectors.

I could use the regular tones if they went directly to my hearing aids. It would be a nice easy way to go- and old fat guys are all for easy and lazy!

CZconnoisseur

Jun 29, 2015
Colorado Springs CO
Detector(s) used
XP Deus All Three Coils (9" currently), Tesoro Vaquero 8x9 and 5.75" DD coil, Fisher F70, White's Spectrum XLT, White's IDX, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher 1265-X, Fisher CZ5, Fisher CZ6, White's TM808, White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've successfully done this with an XP Deus control box wired to a hearing aid relay which in turn communicated with a set of our hearing aids. They are SIE 96 hearing aids made by Hearing Lab Technologies (HLT), and these are available in Sam's Club and Cabela's sporting goods. I have worked for HLT for going on 3 years, and the release of the SIE 96s last year made it possible for me to try it out. At least with the Deus, the sound quality was superb and there was absolutely zero lag as well as no signal degradation going from device to device to hearing aids.

This is possible with any wireless hearing aid and accompanying Bluetooth relay. You may need to run a male-to-male headphone jack to link the hearing aid relay to the wireless headphone relay (I had to with the Deus-SIE 96 setup). Phonak and Starkey hearing aids have good wireless platforms and are more well-known hearing aid manufacturers, and it's really up to your audiologist's/hearing aid provider's abilities as to how it will work. I've been detecting for almost 30 years and have been working with wireless hearing aids for almost 5 years, and the mating of the two is exciting for a LOT of people who have been detecting much longer than I have...

I need to make a video and demonstration of how it works - I was really surprised at how well it worked without much effort.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the early days of Bluetooth, someone made a BT transmitter about the size of a small cell phone battery with a mini jack. I used it on my phones, but it was so-so.

I tried to find another like it lately, but couldn't come up with anything that looked good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread