Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got the 3100 for my safari and wow this thing lasts forever! Worth every dime not to mess with AA's every 20-30 hours

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Luke, whassa matter, been finding too many amazing silver coins lately and need to hunt even longer?? I have used the earlier RNB 2900 in my Safari for over a year, the thing lasts almost a week without recharge, like a true 35 hours minimum. Glad to see you over here on this forum, much better than the one other one you've been on. Congrats on those silver finds. Got a few good jigs for you, see ya at Wolfie's wedding!!

OP
OP
Brewha08

Brewha08

Mar 20, 2016
Martha's Vineyard
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Gino! The etrac has been sniffing out some goodies for me this season but detecting with Wolf and Tim they are using the ATP with AAs so they are able to hunt a lot longer then I am which is becoming a pain. It will be nice to hunt for an entire day and not have to worry about battery power in the machine.

Can't wait for the squid and Albies to be running and we will certainly have to get out and dig when you come down for the wedding! Take care and see you soon.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard Brewha. Love that bottle you just posted!

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I don't understand he comments here - I've had my E-Trac for a very long time and I hunt all day with it. I've never had an issue with power drain from the stock rechargeable pack. I always carry the battery pack with me, just in-case; though I've never used it. I hunt all day, go home - plug it in overnight and ready to go the next day. Hmmmmmmm :dontknow:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I don't understand he comments here - I've had my E-Trac for a very long time and I hunt all day with it. I've never had an issue with power drain from the stock rechargeable pack. I always carry the battery pack with me, just in-case; though I've never used it. I hunt all day, go home - plug it in overnight and ready to go the next day. Hmmmmmmm :dontknow:

It's called hunt all day, go home.
hunt all day, go home
hunt all day go home
hunt all day go home
hunt all day go home
recharge battery (in 2 hours)

dirtwizard

Feb 19, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari/Fisher F2/Minelab go-find 40/Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
big fan of the RNB batteries here, got one for my safari 2 seasons ago. Let it sit for a year, powered safari up, still had plenty of juice. Different strokes for different folks but I have absolutely zero remorse about my purchase. I can hunt for days on a single charge which comes in handy in the remote areas.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's called hunt all day, go home.
hunt all day, go home
hunt all day go home
hunt all day go home
hunt all day go home
recharge battery (in 2 hours)

Yeah - I hear ya. As I clean my finds for the day, it's tough to plug in the battery pack - I must waste at-least 15 seconds each time. Thanks for the tip -
I'm sure the RNB's are great - but worth the extra dough, not sure???

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah - I hear ya. As I clean my finds for the day, it's tough to plug in the battery pack - I must waste at-least 15 seconds each time. Thanks for the tip -

Hey, I'm not trying to argue with you or compete for who's best. Everybody has to make their own choices based on their own needs and wants.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I think Brew's machine is older and his battery doesn't hold a charge too long. Yours will wear out one day and I'll bet you consider the RNB when you need a new one. Let's see, about 30-40 bucks more than a minelab replacement with five times running on a single charge, faster charge time.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think Brew's machine is older and his battery doesn't hold a charge too long. Yours will wear out one day and I'll bet you consider the RNB when you need a new one. Let's see, about 30-40 bucks more than a minelab replacement with five times running on a single charge, faster charge time.

What interested me in this thread - is that my battery pack and charger both went bad a few days ago. I decided to go with the original Minelab replacement. In fact I head down to MPLS Metal detectors to pick it up tomorrow. I just couldn't see upgrading and paying more when the original lasted so long and worked so well for me........just my opinion though.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If in doubt contact Minelab but I am sure the RNB is fine since so many guys use it. I am also sure there is circuitry protection as well

OP
OP
Brewha08

Brewha08

Mar 20, 2016
Martha's Vineyard
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got it in the mail today!! Can't wait to try it out this weekend

OP
OP
Brewha08

Brewha08

Mar 20, 2016
Martha's Vineyard
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brewha08 is the RNB working out ok?
Just wondering what you think about it. HH

Im absolutely loving it! Have yet to charge it and its still going after at least 10 hours already. I would have had to charge my other battery 3 times by now!

NeilinFR

Oct 11, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 ltd
Minelab Etrac
Xterra 705
Shadow X5
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The Eneloops are great batteries. I use them in a lot of things and keep a dozen charged and ready at all times. Great for cameras, little clocks in the house, the AA battery pod for the Etrac...also the eneloops hold a charge a long time so once charged they can be stored and wont discharge much.

I do prefer the RNB for the Etrac......its also a good bit lighter than either Eneloops or standard recharge pack. [

Both are good.QUOTE=ChampFerguson/TN;4946021]I use rechargeable Eneloops for everything possible (and as backups to such things as my CTX factory battery). Using a 8-gang MAHA smart charger(works in vehicle/12vdc with adaptor), I am good to go on most any of my electronics. 9vdc MAHA batteries and charger for my pinpointers, etc. I just like having the versatility.

The RNB's big plus, as I see it, is the huge amperage storage that it offers giving it a very long time in the field between charges. The minus, of course, is the initial cost. Different answers for different folks/needs.[/QUOTE]

Digger Max

Oct 27, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030
E-TRAC
ATPro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Im absolutely loving it! Have yet to charge it and its still going after at least 10 hours already. I would have had to charge my other battery 3 times by now!

Give you $5.00 for that RNB if you want to get rid of it......:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread