ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is not enough time to reach a "full" charge.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Needs 12-15 hours to fully charge

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Measure voltage with volt meter, fully charged battery will be 13.5 to 15 volts... Charger should put out 18 volts measured at charging adapter.

OP
OP
D

Duncan James

Apr 6, 2016
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpeg Thank you for the replies, but I do know the time required to get a full charge. Battery went from 10.68 to 10.65 after 8 hours. Tested the prongs on the adapter and nothing. Disassembled and found the ground wire disconnected. Rigged with a bread tie at the moment. I read an old post about an aftermarket smart charger with full-charge indicator light. Anyone ever use one?

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Arrg.
That is a fire waiting to happen... proper solder required .. IF can be done correctly...
OR better yet...
Replace.
last time I replaced one cost me about 75

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure Hunter can get ya one perhaps at a better price.

OP
OP
D

Duncan James

Apr 6, 2016
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That loose wire was it. Rigged it so it was making contactand 6 hrs put it over 14 volts. Not impressed with that charging adapter. And a new one is outrageous! Mine would surely be under warranty but $70+ to buy one is a crime especially seeing how cheaply it's made.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That loose wire was it. Rigged it so it was making contactand 6 hrs put it over 14 volts. Not impressed with that charging adapter. And a new one is outrageous! Mine would surely be under warranty but $70+ to buy one is a crime especially seeing how cheaply it's made.

You wont see me argue with you on this...

The Excals battery and charging system has been the gripe since day 1 of em.
And they still have not fixed them or re invented it to a logical and realistic... OR even an "equal" to the machines quality as a partner.

It is like they designed the overall dealio... made the housings and electronics,,, then rush jobbed the rest.

Within minutes of the first Excal in my hands MANY years ago I had re-invented / fixed this is my head.
YET eons have gone by and still nothing better from them.

Lame.

BUT... even with this said...
I run an X2 over another machine most of the time...
Them knowing this is why I feel no change has taken place.
The product is selling and still in demand... they feel... "why change it".

I get it...
The ole adage "if it aint broke don't fix it" applies... SORTA !

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1304721 Thank you for the replies, but I do know the time required to get a full charge. Battery went from 10.68 to 10.65 after 8 hours. Tested the prongs on the adapter and nothing. Disassembled and found the ground wire disconnected. Rigged with a bread tie at the moment. I read an old post about an aftermarket smart charger with full-charge indicator light. Anyone ever use one?

Yes, I have one myself....Bought it from Kellyco for $29.99, after battery is charged it switches to a trickle charge. I get a full charge after about 4 hours....

Make sure there is gap in both the positive and negative poles of the charger adapter and battery prongs on power cable on excal...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread