D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My e-trac is a coin hog. I have only hunted places I hunted with my ATP and V3i and I keep finding coins they missed. I haven't even chased deep targets. I know there are plenty there but I wanted to get used to the sounds and get comfy with it 1st. Since my 1st day out I have hunted 4 times and each time I plucked anywhere from $1.71 to $2.90. I have found $9.30 so far and mot coins were 2" or less deep. I have found them from 11-44 to 13-47. I haven't hunted for more than 1-1/2 hrs each time and yesterday I only hunted 45 mins.

I know I passed up no less than 100 pennies. The ground is so hard that if I dug every penny I would wear myself out in less than an hour.

I am a bit confused on the FE numbers what they represent say like when I get a 27- 46 or a 15-47.. I have dug any yet but more curious than anything.

I am using the stock coin program. Right now I wished I would have bought it 2 yrs ago...

Everything everyone said is true about this detector and more.

Again thanks for all the advice... Tnet users are the greatest.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm glad to hear you are doing well with your etrac. I have almost 60 hours on mine already and it does a good job on coins, especially silver. The 27-46 is probably a big bolt with a screw on it or something like that. I would have dug the 15-47, that's just too close for me. The first number can definitely vary depending on a number of factors. So, if the second number is 46-48, and the first number is 1-17, i'm digging! The 13.4g silver ring that I dug Sunday rang in as 1-45.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would have dug the 15-47 as well..........The 1844 half penny I dug yesterday, at about 6-7 inches was a 14-47. Caveman is right about the 27-46 big iron.........use your Quick Mask Screen, it is your friend, on those! Use it to check your target in question, then back to your mode you chose.

I can dig it

Mar 6, 2014
KCMO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FE is ferrous. The higher that number, the more likely iron. But could be a good target next to junk especially if you get good conductive numbers and lower ferrous at certain angles.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ShSSSSSS ... Don't tell everyone how great an etrac is... :)) :))

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes you'll get a high pitch with a bit of a screech, turn 90 degrees on the target - if it totally disappears it is a nail or screw, if you get any tone - dig it!

OP
OP
N

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks guys, I went to park this morning that had lots of obvious plugs cut and right next to two of the plugs I pulled out dimes. I pretty much followed his path and plucked $3.70 in clad and have barely scratched the surface of the park... I love hunting where others have because that gives me a good read on my detector and how well I am doing. We all know that no one gets everything but if you get more than a few coins here and there you know your detector is better or you're better with it.

Often times just a very simple explanation works better for me than reading and watching Utube.. Some of the Utube videos I have watched don't impress me at all...

I thank you all again

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread