C

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the help. I have already done what you have suggested. Both of the machines are good, but both have to be modified to some degree. I like the screen on 3030,but it only goes to 10'. (that might be enough depth but I dont know)then You gotta buy waterproof HP, and sand get into the shaft. Excal you gotta buy a balance shaft and you gotta dig everything because targets are only targeted by sound. As far as used, maybe you can save money, maybe not.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Own both and they both rock. 3030 gives the ability to skip digging pennies and a lot of junk, excal goes deeper, really deeper in pp but your going to dig pennies.....

OP
OP
C

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Own both and they both rock. 3030 gives the ability to skip digging pennies and a lot of junk, excal goes deeper, really deeper in pp but your going to dig pennies.....
yep you are right. That is the decision I have to make. Going deep or skipping pennies and junk

NC Digger

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2015
Gaston County, NC
Detector(s) used
Safari, Excal2, CTX, Nox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the help. I have already done what you have suggested. Both of the machines are good, but both have to be modified to some degree. I like the screen on 3030,but it only goes to 10'. (that might be enough depth but I dont know)then You gotta buy waterproof HP, and sand get into the shaft.

Not sure where you got that the ctx only goes 10 inches deep. I was digging dimes at 12 to 14 inches at the beach with both the 11" and 17" coils. When I'm done, I flush the heck out of the whole machine. ie: separate the top from the shaft, take the shaft off the lower and flood it with water and clean the coil with the cover off. Not really that hard.

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure where you got that the ctx only goes 10 inches deep. I was digging dimes at 12 to 14 inches at the beach with both the 11 and 17 coils. When I'm done, I flush the heck out of the whole machine. ie: separate the top from the shaft, take the shaft off the lower and flood it with water and clean the coil with the cover off. Not really that hard.

Feet. 10 feet deep. The ' if the symbol for "feet of measure". The " is the symbol for "inches of measure"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread