Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe that the difference is the configuration. The Joey is a Mono, and the Treasure Seeker is a DD.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the last year or so, Coiltek has named their line of coils for the Etrac/Explorer series "Treasureseeker" coils...(except for the 15" WOT/"All-Terrain" coils). Prior to this they were known by their individual names - like the Joey. The Joey configuration (10"x5") is/was available for many different models including the GPX (both DD and mono), Sovereign, and the Explorer/Etrac. The newest version of this same 10"x5" coil is named Treasureseeker and is available for the Etrac/Explorer.

There is no performance difference between the two, but there are a few different details between them. One - the newer Treasureseeker coils are black whereas the older Joey coils were orange. Second-the Treasureseekers are waterproof, but not all of the Joey coils are waterproof.

For most people either coil will fit their needs just fine. :)

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love my Coiltek 10x5 Treasureseeker

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the last year or so, Coiltek has named their line of coils for the Etrac/Explorer series "Treasureseeker" coils...(except for the 15" WOT/"All-Terrain" coils). Prior to this they were known by their individual names - like the Joey. The Joey configuration (10"x5") is/was available for many different models including the GPX (both DD and mono), Sovereign, and the Explorer/Etrac. The newest version of this same 10"x5" coil is named Treasureseeker and is available for the Etrac/Explorer.

There is no performance difference between the two, but there are a few different details between them. One - the newer Treasureseeker coils are black whereas the older Joey coils were orange. Second-the Treasureseekers are waterproof, but not all of the Joey coils are waterproof.

Thanks for that clarification Keith!
I knew that the Treasure Seeker was a DD, and that they had made a Mono Joey, but not that they made a DD Joey.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Is there a way of telling whether it's the waterproof version or not? Or mono or DD for that matter?

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The mono coils are for the GPX series, gold machines, the 5x10 and the 6" coils for the FBS machines are DD. Fully Submersible Coil Serial Number Starts at #1700.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it says "Treasureseeker" on it and is black, I believe its waterproof as I think they went fully waterproof with the change to the black housing. But if not, there would only be a few black ones that are not waterproof and the serial number Dan referenced gives definition to the break point. :)

There are no mono coils to fit an Etrac/Explorer, so you don't have to worry about that.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions