D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I have had my E-TRAC for one week and this thing is awesome... I am hunting more by tone than anything but I do ck the vdi just to see the numbers. Yesterday I found a silver ear ring and today a silver ring.. I have found a wheatie and one silver quarter. I have found $23.91 in clad in one week.. Both parks I hunted have been hunted by others quite a bit and I even hunted the one with my V3i and my ATP..

I tried the park pattern and it works well but as I said I don't pay to much attention to the screen.. Although i know the higher FE numbers suggest there at least iron below the coil I did dig a quarter that showed 24-45 and for that reason I am sticking to tones... I was cherry picking this am and most likely passed over 50 pennies. I do that often and go back at a later time to pluck the pennies... I get bored hunting the same park so I jump around from park to park.

Again this thing is awesome. I have only dug like 3 tabs which I suspected were nickels but my ear is toned the nickel sound now... I have only dug one soda can as well but it was like at 10".

My only complaint is I didn't buy one 5 yrs ago.. It is a bit heavy and puts a strain on my neck due to surgery and some muscle relocation but I am getting used to it now so all is well.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
A swingy type thing would ease your pain. My Etrac killed my elbow!

But..... Great machine!

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratz!!!! With the weather improving around here, I too hope to post some nice finds from trashy parks with the new e trac and x-5 coil

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ditto on what Deepseeker said. Get it before its too late. My elbow is still healing and its been almost 6 months of a very slow healing process.

NC Digger

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2015
Gaston County, NC
Detector(s) used
Safari, Excal2, CTX, Nox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes what Deepseeker said, bought a 17 inch coil for the ctx, used it 2 days and immediately bought the swingy. Now it feels like i am carrying nothing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions