Tesoro compadre
Whites v3i
AT Pro
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up a mint XS2-PRO with the meter and BBS 800 coil on a whim a few weeks back off of craigslist due to the price. Been reading that these are actually pretty good wet sand machines.
What do you Sov owners use for your belt or chest rig setups to hold the detector? How does it really perform on the wet beach being a non-pi detector?
What about it makes it apparently more stable and deeper than most in the wet sand compared to many other land machines?

Thanks for the input. I've got a deus, xterra 705, atpro, ace 350, eurotek, and a few others, and from what I am reading, the Sov will outshine any and all of them in wet sand and low surf.

ROBOTCOP13

Jul 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up a mint XS2-PRO with the meter and BBS 800 coil on a whim a few weeks back off of craigslist due to the price. Been reading that these are actually pretty good wet sand machines.
What do you Sov owners use for your belt or chest rig setups to hold the detector? How does it really perform on the wet beach being a non-pi detector?
What about it makes it apparently more stable and deeper than most in the wet sand compared to many other land machines?

Thanks for the input. I've got a deus, xterra 705, atpro, ace 350, eurotek, and a few others, and from what I am reading, the Sov will outshine any and all of them in wet sand and low surf.

I used to chest mount mine with a camera bag and a loop around my chest but than I went to a behind the elbow mount on the shaft. I got the aluminum tubing from a crutch from a thrift store and moved a v clip from under the forearm and re-rivetd it to the tubing behind my elbow. Kind of like my modified excals on a long shaft. I'll find my pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0778.JPG
    IMG_0778.JPG
    19.7 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_1079.JPG
    IMG_1079.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_1074.JPG
    IMG_1074.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 197

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How does it really perform in wet salt? It is KING of wet salt beaches and first drop! While a pi machine has its place the SOV/Excal are so much more enjoyable not having to "study" targets nearly as long to see if it's iron. I had several straight shaft GT's and a hip mount bag it was easier for me to leave it on the shaft.

OP
OP
CoilToTheSoil

CoilToTheSoil

Mar 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Sovereign xs2a Pro
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab X-Terra 705
Minelab Explorer SE
Minelab e-trac
Tesoro compadre
Whites v3i
AT Pro
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome, thanks for the ideas. Need to take her out and learn the sov language. Wish I had a larger coil. 8" seems a bit small for dry sand though it will have less shear weight or drag in the surf than a larger coil.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463137730.245822.jpg

The 13" Ultimate is the best and lightest coil I used in the Sovereign. You can get them in black also if you order from across the pond.

OP
OP
CoilToTheSoil

CoilToTheSoil

Mar 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab X-Terra 705
Minelab Explorer SE
Minelab e-trac
Tesoro compadre
Whites v3i
AT Pro
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do the shafts configurations compare?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not able to hunt the salt beaches anymore since my stroke and am stuck in Michigan to be near family. My Sov GT was my go to detector besides the Excel for salt beaches. The Sov GT has more features than the Excel and I carried mine in a pouch from my neck so I could adjust controls Sovereign GT.jpg . I never did buy the WOT Coil for it like i wanted too. Theasure_Hunter knows what I am talking about.

OP
OP
CoilToTheSoil

CoilToTheSoil

Mar 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab X-Terra 705
Minelab Explorer SE
Minelab e-trac
Tesoro compadre
Whites v3i
AT Pro
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about that sandman! Silver lining is your still here to dirtfish!!! Good to know. I guess I'll keep an eye out for any good coil deals or trades for the sov. Is a straight shaft worth it? Any way to simply make one?
Thanks!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes just find aluminum tubing that it the same size and drill holes for the lower rod and armrest.

OP
OP
CoilToTheSoil

CoilToTheSoil

Mar 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab X-Terra 705
Minelab Explorer SE
Minelab e-trac
Tesoro compadre
Whites v3i
AT Pro
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will the excalibur coils work without any modification on the xs2pro sovs?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread