Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On volt meter use DV voltage setting... On cable that plugs into the wall you should have 18 volts out the adapter that connects to battery testing with volt meter, if you don't have 18 volts remove the adapter and test out the barrel, one lead on inside one on outside, this will tell you if the charger is bad or the charging adapter is bad.......

If cable tests good then measure voltage on the battery after 12 hour charge, you should have between 13.5 and 15 volts give or take a few tenths of a volt, If that tests good you can connect battery to excal but don't connect the screw on connector that locks cable on battery, turn on the excal and measure voltage running, it shouldn't drop much more that .5 to 1.0 volts when excal is turned on and running, if battery drops several volts then you have a battery going bad or problem on detector drawing too much voltage.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks TH. Is that dc? What number on the DC side do you tune the volt meter to.

NC Digger

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2015
Gaston County, NC
Detector(s) used
Safari, Excal2, CTX, Nox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At such low voltage I would think its DC, set your meter to just above the 15 volts mark. Will give a better idea on what the voltage is dropping. Hopefully you have a digital meter.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks TH. Is that dc? What number on the DC side do you tune the volt meter to.

Yes it's DC can. If you can get AC out of a battery your gonna be a millionaire! [emoji106]

OP
OP
C

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the help ncdigger. I have no knowledge of electricity or volt meters. I did not know there is a dc v. Rob, I thought that TH hit the wrong letter. That is why I asked the dc question. But I do wish I could become a millionare.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread