May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
What are you hoping to see in that short of time? You would probably be best off just asking folks who have both to compare them since there are people out there that do. The problem with testing it for 30 mins is that you arent going to be able to do anything with the machine since you will basically be a beginner with it.

Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, EQ 800, AT-Pro, Xterra-505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come up to the island and I'll let you have a whirl. Test all 3 main coils, can even try in the water if you'd like.
Send me a PM if ever in Victoria.

OP
OP
Kilohertz

Kilohertz

Feb 20, 2014
What are you hoping to see in that short of time? You would probably be best off just asking folks who have both to compare them since there are people out there that do. The problem with testing it for 30 mins is that you arent going to be able to do anything with the machine since you will basically be a beginner with it.

The main purpose is to see first hand how the machine handles in general puget sound soil. Also to swing it and get a feel for the machine. You cant do that watching videos.

DaleinFL

Jun 18, 2016
Port St Lucie, FL
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 ///
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I ordered one last week, should be here this late week, will use on beach/salt water conditions / wet sand.
Cant wait to get my hands on it and learn the machine.
Come on down to FL.

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Different machine weight wise for sure. My buddy has a Deus,never finds anything. I have a CTX,I find all kinds of good stuff. I hunt a lot. He hardly hunts at all. My point? Most machines will do a lot of the same stuff,advantage to some on some things,advantage to others on other things. A CTX/Deus combo I think would be the ticket if you can manage the finances...to get the full effect of any machines capabilities you'd obviously need to handle it much longer but to get the general gist of it a short test will tell you if it's comfortable for sure. Real nasty soil needs Ground Coin and manual Sensitivity,or so I've heard. I don't have nasty ground....good luck!

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
KHz, I sent you a PM. I would be happy to meet up, no funds needed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread