Found what may be a decent E-series coil deal on Craigslist.

bottlebum

Jul 18, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 900
Nokta/Makro Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI, the Ad says the insulation on the 14" is falling off, once it starts it continues up and down the cable. Doesn't show bottom of coils to see if there is any delamination either...

DT2016

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bottlebum

Jul 18, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI, the Ad says the insulation on the 14" is falling off, once it starts it continues up and down the cable. Doesn't show bottom of coils to see if there is any delamination either...

DT2016

Yeah, I am aware of that, but I've seen where some guys are, successfully, replacing the cables on those coils. I figured that just the stock coil was worth the asking price? Would definitely want to call for details before buying though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I am aware of that, but I've seen where some guys are, successfully, replacing the cables on those coils. I figured that just the stock coil was worth the asking price? Would definitely want to call for details before buying though.
You can't replace cable, it is part of windings soldered in the actual coil then resin is pored over the soldering. You can cut and splice cable but it adds resistance or cover the wires with electrical tape or spray on plasti-dip. The strain relief on coik is not a connection, it is just to protect the cable from stress.

DT2016

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bottlebum

Jul 18, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can't replace cable, it is part of windings soldered in the actual coil then resin is pored over the soldering. You can cut and splice cable but it adds resistance or cover the wires with electrical tape or spray on plasti-dip. The strain relief on coik is not a connection, it is just to protect the cable from stress..

Signature ---> Trump 2016!
For some reason, I was thinking that there was an inline electrical component located inside of all BBS/FBS coils that the external cable attached/soldered to. Not sure where I got that from, but after searching, I found out that the cable replacement procedures that I was thinking about did indeed involve cutting and splicing. My bad ....

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread