cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone ever found a good target with an E-trac/CTX reading of 01-19 to 01-26? when I first got my E-trac years ago, I dug every signal in the "non-ferrous" zone. Of the hundreds of targets in that range, every single one of them were bottle caps, so, I now ignore them. If I'm running an open screen in TTF, those numbers come through loud and clear, which makes me wonder why Minelab chose to include them in the "good" target zone. Am I passing up some "unknown to me" treasure? :dontknow:

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do the same thing you do. I've dug so much crap in that range that I figure the time I save skipping it is more time digging the better signals.

Jackalope

Jun 27, 2009
Oahu, HI
Detector(s) used
White's, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nothing of value hits in that area.

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It might have to do with coins from different countries?.....you're right though,I never have found any of the numbers in that range to be a good target. Good observation......

OP
OP
cudamark

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I'm just going to "X" them out of my beach program. I generally like to run an open screen, but, there are just too many of the same bad targets that slow me down. I've already killed off some of the other low 01 ferrous numbers because they are just false signals from the iron sand we have.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Many foreign coins ring in that range

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I hear the tone and glance at my screen and the numbers are in that range I move past without hesitation.. Now sometimes when I get a mixed signal where there is a tone and 12-43 mixed in a sweep or two along with say a 01- 19 I will dig

OP
OP
cudamark

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I hear the tone and glance at my screen and the numbers are in that range I move past without hesitation.. Now sometimes when I get a mixed signal where there is a tone and 12-43 mixed in a sweep or two along with say a 01- 19 I will dig
That's what I've been doing too, but, at night, it tends to slow you down quite a bit if you hunt with the backlight off. Any iffy or partial signals should still come through if I'm in TTF. As for modern foreign coins that are in that range....I guess I just don't care enough to find them if it means having to scoop bottle caps.

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what I've been doing too, but, at night, it tends to slow you down quite a bit if you hunt with the backlight off. Any iffy or partial signals should still come through if I'm in TTF. As for modern foreign coins that are in that range....I guess I just don't care enough to find them if it means having to scoop bottle caps.

Exactly. Wait till you go to Europe to worry about those numbers!:)

Silverindahole

Oct 20, 2013
Canada
Detector(s) used
Etrac/CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone ever found a good target with an E-trac/CTX reading of 01-19 to 01-26? when I first got my E-trac years ago, I dug every signal in the "non-ferrous" zone. Of the hundreds of targets in that range, every single one of them were bottle caps, so, I now ignore them. If I'm running an open screen in TTF, those numbers come through loud and clear, which makes me wonder why Minelab chose to include them in the "good" target zone. Am I passing up some "unknown to me" treasure? :dontknow:

Sometimes I end up with a rotting piece of Canadian clad....In NA I don't dig those..when I hunt in the UK I dig them...HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread