May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
When hunting in splashing water, without headphones,or with the wireless remote, what do you guys do with the open headphone Receptacle the main unit? Looks to me salt water would eat it up.

If you have non waterproof anything near salt water its going to get destroyed. In moving salt water its a sure thing. Just don't do it. Search the forums and you will find guys that ruined $1000+ machines by taking them near salt water when they were not waterproof. I assume you are talking about the CTX? If so, get waterproof headphones and you are good to go.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More importantly you will miss the deep targets without headphones and most beach goers hate hearing our detector noises

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have non waterproof anything near salt water its going to get destroyed. In moving salt water its a sure thing. Just don't do it. Search the forums and you will find guys that ruined $1000+ machines by taking them near salt water when they were not waterproof. I assume you are talking about the CTX? If so, get waterproof headphones and you are good to go.
Yes I am talking about the ctx. I am sorry. I thought you could read my mind. LOL. I will edit my original post. THanks for the reply.

OP
OP
C

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More importantly you will miss the deep targets without headphones and most beach goers hate hearing our detector noises

You are right. There is a lot of noise at the beach. So is the 3030 not water proof without the waterproof headphones plugged in?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are right. There is a lot of noise at the beach. So is the 3030 not water proof without the waterproof headphones plugged in?
No the waterproof headphone must either have headphones screwed on or sealed with the cap provided or it will leak....

_____________________Tapatalk Signature______________________

DT2016

OP
OP
C

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks TH. I couldn't find that info in the book.

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
I am a little surprised that there is not a plug for the headphone connector, but I do not like the speaker location on the CTX.

Of course, I do not like to hunt on speaker anyways...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a plug for the waterproof connection, it is located on the back of the voice module in the center....

_________________________Tapatalk Signature_________________________

DT2016

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Top Member Reactions