May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Does anyone make them that plug into the CTX waterproof connector? I see some posts on how to make them but is anyone doing it? The idea that I can wear ear buds in this heat is awesome and I would really like waterproof ones that connect directly to the detector rather than the wireless module and not have to worry about sand and such. I dont really plan to take this detector into the water but still for the beach waterproof everything is the way to go.

Any suggestion on waterproof earbuds? I ordered these to see how they hold up...https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0037Z4MCM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also did order GGUW headphones but I haven't heard great things so Im not expecting much. But in this current heat wave it ear buds for me

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I was looking at water proof headphones myself a few months back, and the GGUW's didn't receive high ratings from anyone either. Frogmaster repeatedly in multiple posts suggested bone phones - which I wasn't familiar with and did not even look them up. Picked up the Excal instead of worrying about submerging the CTX.

Here's one of my Google results:

Audio Bone Headphones - Bone conduction waterproof headphones for sports, running and swimming.

You would still have to change out the connector on the phones. That's what really deterred me, along with the expense.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
You would still have to change out the connector on the phones. That's what really deterred me, along with the expense.

Yes that is where the real problem comes into play...connecting the connector to the ear phones. Maybe I will just like the GGUW that I ordered but given a choice in this heat ear buds sound 10x better to help beat the heat.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GGUW have low volume, the GG amphibians have more volume... GG Amph are waterproof to 30'....

_________________________Tapatalk Signature_________________________

DT2016

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was looking at water proof headphones myself a few months back, and the GGUW's didn't receive high ratings from anyone either. Frogmaster repeatedly in multiple posts suggested bone phones - which I wasn't familiar with and did not even look them up. Picked up the Excal instead of worrying about submerging the CTX.

Here's one of my Google results:

Audio Bone Headphones - Bone conduction waterproof headphones for sports, running and swimming.

Got any idea who does that kind of work and how much.Putting the right plug on the phones

Last edited:

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GGUW have low volume, the GG amphibians have more volume... GG Amph are waterproof to 30'....

DT2016

So the anphibians will have to have a differant plug put on? Do you know the depth rating for the underwater? I couldnt find the rating.

OP
OP
A

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
I tried my waterproof ear buds with the wireless unit today. They were awesome. So much more comfortable than ear phones.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I tried my waterproof ear buds with the wireless unit today. They were awesome. So much more comfortable than ear phones.

My wireless unit is still sitting on the bookshelf I placed it on when I pulled it out of the box. Sounds like I should try that. Duhhhh......

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sounds cool

OP
OP
A

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Now if I could get someone to put the waterproof connector for the CTX on my ear buds it would be perfect...Does anyone know if kellyco puts them on any ear phones? I know they do the GGA...

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now if I could get someone to put the waterproof connector for the CTX on my ear buds it would be perfect...Does anyone know if kellyco puts them on any ear phones? I know they do the GGA...

I have been researching this very thing. Minelab says wires or earbuds are too thin for the connector. I suggested they make an adapter. THey said they did not make anything like that. I asked if they knew of anyone making one. I was told they did not know of anyone...but someone may make one but they didnt know of who that might be...if anyone.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been researching this very thing. Minelab says wires or earbuds are too thin for the connector. I suggested they make an adapter. THey said they did not make anything like that. I asked if they knew of anyone making one. I was told they did not know of anyone...but someone may make one but they didnt know of who that might be...if anyone.

The standard 3030 waterproof connector is too big for ear bud wires, I am sure it could be jury rigged to work but it would end up being expensive. Minelab bills $75 per hour in 15 minute increments, would need a custom mod to do, plus you would have people returning them due to damage from pulling on wires and I am sure they are far too busy to mess with it now.

DT2016

jas415

Aug 24, 2003
Spring, Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800 - 900 and Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use yur buds, and plug them into the wireless module. The wm10 is inside a plastic soft case with double fold over and double snaps, almost totally water proof. That is hanging around my neck. No cords attached to the CTX.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
The standard 3030 waterproof connector is too big for ear bud wires, I am sure it could be jury rigged to work but it would end up being expensive. Minelab bills $75 per hour in 15 minute increments, would need a custom mod to do, plus you would have people returning them due to damage from pulling on wires and I am sure they are far too busy to mess with it now.

DT2016

On the 3030 m12 connectors they sell a bushing kit to fit several different size wires, from 2mm to 28mm. I did several sets but no longer do any work, the sets I did do lasted a few years from the feed back I got. One other thing that must be done when using the 3030 m12 connector is to fill with epoxy to seal the solder joints just incase the seal should leak. This guarantees no issues with the m12 connector internally.
OBN0372.jpg OBN0373.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Problem is judging from what I have seen many owners don't take care of their detectors to begin with, many would be pulling on the wires, breaking them and expect them to cover it under a warranty. Their repair center is so busy now, hard to see them having time to do more mods....?

DT2016

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the 3030 m12 connectors they sell a bushing kit to fit several different size wires, from 2mm to 28mm. I did several sets but no longer do any work, the sets I did do lasted a few years from the feed back I got. One other thing that must be done when using the 3030 m12 connector is to fill with epoxy to seal the solder joints just incase the seal should leak. This guarantees no issues with the m12 connector internally.
View attachment 1344397 View attachment 1344398
Wow that looks really good. So how does one get into the inner sanctum to order such a thing.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that looks really good. So how does one get into the inner sanctum to order such a thing.
OBN retired from doing mods, mods take a lot of time, they can quickly eat up all your spare time...

I did several sets but no longer do any work, the sets I did do lasted a few years from the feed back I got.

DT2016

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I really wish I had the time to do this stuff again and help everyone out, Seems like since I retired from the real world I still have very little time, I know it sure flies....but I am very blessed. If you can just send this post to me this winter, if your still interested You will inter......... "the inner sanctum". But just you Sir Can...I am fully retired from all modifications but enjoy helping once and awhile.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread