I have a request for etrac users and ctx users.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off im not a minelab user but I have friends who are. Can you guys who are experienced with the etrac and ctx bury some coins and put some iron nails in the hole and videos the results of the vid and see if they can unmask it? I know minelabs have the best vid but im wondering how that holds up when you put a coin in the middle of three nails. Does it change? Will the machine see it? thanks

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have dug to many coins that were in the same hole as a nail, tab or even rusty screws. Your vdi may bounce around but the good target keeps showing. Will it mask out the other signals not all the time but for the most of the time yes. For the most part Minelab does a great job depending your personal settings.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats the thing when I look on youtube at guys doing test do they REALLY know how to run the machine? I know I can do test with my deus in the basic 1 program and it will not perform like my custom program so if I saw a person doing a test in basic 1 it would make the machine look bad or not living up to its full potential. thanks for the post.

Silverindahole

Oct 20, 2013
Canada
Detector(s) used
Etrac/CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats the thing when I look on youtube at guys doing test do they REALLY know how to run the machine? I know I can do test with my deus in the basic 1 program and it will not perform like my custom program so if I saw a person doing a test in basic 1 it would make the machine look bad or not living up to its full potential. thanks for the post.

Hey...Firstly I like the youtube videos...

Etrac will find the coin in the hole with the nails or other iron objects. Disc on the machine is very good and will show you on the screen if there is something else in the hole...you will be able to hear the difference in tone and you will see both the VDI numbers change plus the cursor location change on the screen. If the cursor and VDI is not budging from the bottom of the screen then you can move on or dig the rusty iron or nail if you want...if the cursor is jumping from the bottom to anywhere near the middle to the top right corner of the screen then dig it. Personally I go over the target 10 times...if I get a favorable cursor move 3 or more times I dig it...I have used the machine a lot and this works for me...3030 is a big step up for finding hidden targets....they made it so easy that you can see the multiple targets on the screen at the same time...I am hitting an old site tomorrow morning and if I get a chance I will post a video...I will be using the Etrac in the woods...small coil and will hopefully find some 1812 era military buttons....HH

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool deal! I tried my friends 30/30 yesterday in my test garden but we were handicapped because we didnt know how to set the machine up to its full potential but from what I saw its a PERFORMER!

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have heard a lot of guys who want to find the goodies amongst the iron open up their screen and run 2 tone ferrous mode and listen for the high tones amongst the low. A sniper coil can also help.

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have heard a lot of guys who want to find the goodies amongst the iron open up their screen and run 2 tone ferrous mode and listen for the high tones amongst the low. A sniper coil can also help.
Winner, winner! Ding, ding, ding

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Winner, winner!

fbjr

Apr 13, 2007
Elmira, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030/Minelab e-trac/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I agree, that's exactly what I run with e-trac and have found the audio works better for me than the screen. Just listen for the high tone mixed in with the lower. I'm still newer to the CTX-3030 and am not that confident with it yet.

MexGT

Sep 23, 2013
México
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030 & Stealth 920i
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Unfortunately for me, Mexican pesos have moved to a stainless steel body as for cents and the 1,2 and 5 peso coins are bimetalic which the outer ring is stainless steel, I hunt at the beach only and the 3030 can detect iron within iron lol, I still dig some nails and ferrous items due to the nature of the pesos but 85% of the time I dig a target I know It'll be a coin, brass alloy cents and the big $10 peso coin are easy to detect, they are just screamers for the detector. I know its not your case or interest for the use you may give, but just showing a feature the 3030 can accomplish. I find Gr/Co setting more useful than Fe/Co, though Fe/Co shows both VDI while swinging, Gr/Co I feel it focuses more on the unmasked part of your screen profile, though if you PinPoint you will see how many targets are below your coil, then again thats just my personal opinion, I'm no 3030 expert but ive dug over 2k coins at a trashy beach with it, more than half being stainless coins. Yes there are faster response detectors out there, Deus might be a good example, but I havent tried it and there is no reason for me to try one at the beach since its not a beach performer. Sry I cant help with the video you are asking! GL & HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions