DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I relle like it....Havent relle got out as much as i want to, so i cant give u a lot of info except thats its a simple machine to start up and go. As for the beach, i dont kno, but i will when i go to ocean city, maryland in september.

laralucine

Dec 27, 2004
S.E. PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 Minelab X-Terra 50
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my x-50 for land hunting, but the few times I've taken it to the beach have had trouble with falsing, etc if sand is even damp. I think it's me, and that I just need more practice with it at the beach, but would be happy to hear from others. :D

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The X-Terra 50 is an excellent detector in it's price range. It will work well on the dry sand but have some trouble in the wet with a salt content or black sand mixed in with it. Turning down the sensitivity helps. But for excellent beach work, a Excal, Sov Gt, or other beach detector that has a salt mode will not waste your time.

Time is the most important thing you have and to waste it with a detector in a location it wasn't designed to work is just plain silly. Decide where you are going to do the most hunting and buy accordingly.

DIRTSWEEPER

Feb 26, 2007
UPSTATE NY, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, 5" excel, detectorpro phones
Hey hey, I agree with sandman as well. I was not sure what I wanted when looking, and ended up with a Quattro and have no regret so far. I have used it on the beach as well as dry land, and have had no trouble besides a slow recovery speed. Just use as little disc as I can and dont dig the trash when I hear it. I used to have a sov xs2a pro that was pretty good all around. Good luck.....L8R

howlow

karib2517

Jan 18, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab X50 : Another world inches below us.
i use my x50 for land and beach with no problem,wet sand and dry, in the water .... ground balance the thing and get swinging ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread