May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My switch that tightens the arm cuff keeps popping up while I detect. Its at the point where it will pop up 20x in an hour. The cuff doesn't move but the switch just keeps popping up. Anyone else having this issue? I emailed minelab this morning. I assume its just loose and they will have to send me a new one...hopefully its that easy and not an engineering issue. I can still detect just fine but its rather annoying.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Haven't run into that issue aB, but assume Minelab will take care of it if still under warranty.

jhittle

Jun 7, 2016
Vancouver WA
Detector(s) used
â—„ Minelab CTX 3030
â—„ XP Deus
â—„ Minelab Equinox 800
â—„ Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the same issue the new pull tab design latch keeps popping up I usually notice this at the end of a hunt and press it back down, keep us posted if you hear anything from ML on if this is an issue

OP
OP
A

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
I have the same issue the new pull tab design latch keeps popping up I usually notice this at the end of a hunt and press it back down, keep us posted if you hear anything from ML on if this is an issue

I will let you know when I hear. My machine is new so I am under warranty

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just ordered my CTX from Bart. I will keep you posted if this happens with mine.
How long have you had yours? Is it the V2?

OP
OP
A

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
I just ordered my CTX from Bart. I will keep you posted if this happens with mine.
How long have you had yours? Is it the V2?

I got it in late June. Its the upgraded 2016 version with the improved/redesigned arm cuff. It didn't happen right away but after maybe 15-20 hours on the machine and now it won't stop. I only used that feature one time too when I first set the cuff so it's not like I was using it 100x and it got loose...it got loose from just bumping my arm as I detected.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does it rub your arm raw or cause your arm to not fit in the cuff?

OP
OP
A

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Does it rub your arm raw or cause your arm to not fit in the cuff?

It doesn't bother my arm at all and I still have plenty of room in the cuff. Eventually if I don't keep putting it down it keeps going up until its up all the way and at that point my arm is squeezed between that and the strap. I don't mean squeezed as in painful just that I can feel it on the bottom of my arm constantly once its all the way up.

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not good. It would distract me as well as irritate me [emoji16]. Seems like something that Minelab will/should address with a recall or replacement cuff. The machine is very expensive to have a nuisance like that occurring.

OP
OP
A

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Not good. It would distract me as well as irritate me [emoji16]. Seems like something that Minelab will/should address with a recall or replacement cuff. The machine is very expensive to have a nuisance like that occurring.

I assume they will just replace that piece since its just the cuff. 48 hrs without a response though so I will send another email out today. I think a piece of duct tape might solve the problem so i may try that in the meantime

OP
OP
A

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Just posting an update...

I did hear from minelab on Wednesday but they said they were considering what to do and would get back to me. I assume they are really busy right now. From the way it sounded they are most likely just sending me a new cuff rather than having me send the machine in to them.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just posting an update...

I did hear from minelab on Wednesday but they said they were considering what to do and would get back to me. I assume they are really busy right now. From the way it sounded they are most likely just sending me a new cuff rather than having me send the machine in to them.

No reason to send in the detector, just replace the cuff...

OP
OP
A

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
They are just sending me a new arm cuff! I may put a piece of tape on the button so it cant come loose because I am not sure if its a design issue or I just had a bad one. Minelab didn't even ask me about warranty or anything they are just sending immediately. I guess they could look my name/email up though since I am registered and do have warranty for 3 yrs. But they are making this as painless as possible for me so +1 to minelab for the good customer service.

Last edited:

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
I have not had issue with mine.

I do not move it, installed when new and no need to adjust...

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not had issue with mine.

I do not move it, installed when new and no need to adjust...

That had to do with my thought was to flip it up and move the cuff very slightly forward or back,like it might've started out not quite in one of the notches....
At any rate,even though I've had to get a couple things fixed Minelab in Chicago has been right there and quick to deal with the problem. FANTASTIC service so far and is expected,being THE high end detector producer.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They are just sending me a new arm cuff! I may put a piece of tape on the button so it cant come loose because I am not sure if its a design issue or I just had a bad one. Minelab didn't even ask me about warranty or anything they are just sending immediately. I guess they could look my name/email up though since I am registered and do have warranty for 3 yrs. But they are making this as painless as possible for me so +1 to minelab for the good customer service.

Glad they got you fixed. Easy fixes are always the best!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread