IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I came from the Explorer2 but didn't know it extremely well. I've had great success with the CTX,more so than the Explorer. Why? I think it handles EMI better by having the chip in the coils,has faster processing for quicker responses which are without a doubt CRISPER and easier to catch and I think it's easier to keep a nice even sweep because of the configuration. Now that all may sound like BS but my coin count has gone way up with the CTX,from sites I've hunted a lot before with different machines. It's gotta be something....it just plain finds coins....I think ALL the Minelabs are great,the CTX just makes it easy to do. It's fun for sure finding silver more times than not when you go hunting! The big trick no matter what is to play the odds...if you're looking for silver coins and you don't have a silver coin indication,or somewhere close if it's deep,move on! That's all. You might miss a few that were way skewed but you'll be digging up a couple others for the one weird one you missed. Of course again,working an old site with high potential....shoot anything that moves.

ShortbusElite

Jun 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have owned both the Etrac and now the CTX 3030. I love both machines but the CTX is a definite improvement on the Etrac. The biggest reason which caused me to grab the FB2 machine was that it was waterproof. I got tired of being scared to get my machine wet on rainy days. Another reason the CTX is better is the machine recovers faster than the Etrac. I have been to sites where there was so much iron in the ground that the Etrac nulled the whole time and was hardly usable. Even in Two Tone Ferrous, the machine just struggled at those type of sites. Finally, Target Trace is a very awesome feature the Ctx has but the Etrac does not. The feature allows the detectorist to see when there is multiple items under the coil, super handy! If you decide to get the CTX, I promise you will not be disappointed.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

MexGT

Sep 23, 2013
México
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030 & Stealth 920i
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I havent used the E-trac, but for my detecting purposes which is soley beach use, the CTX is an incredible machine once you know it good!

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Are you asking if its worth getting the CTX to replace or in addition to your eTrac? If to replace yes its worth it for FBS2, Waterproof, and GPS. If in addition to I wouldn't see a time you would use the etrac over the ctx so not worth having both.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Without even getting into the technical advantages, the CTX is worth it in how easy it is to swing all day long, versus the Etrac.

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you asking if its worth getting the CTX to replace or in addition to your eTrac? If to replace yes its worth it for FBS2, Waterproof, and GPS. If in addition to I wouldn't see a time you would use the etrac over the ctx so not worth having both.

Yeah,my Explorer rides the bench almost exclusively....

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What are the advantages of the CTX 3030 over the E-Trac

I am considering adding the CTX to my arsenal of detectors. That would make six but one can never have to many detectors

I love the E-Trac but would like to know of the CTX 3030 is worth the extra money

Lots of good info here but dont count out that Minelab E-Trac of yours out. It is a VERY capable machine in the right hands! If you or anyone has questions always feel free to call me. I have many hours on both and help with questions. Both excellent metal detectors!

Digger Max

Oct 27, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030
E-TRAC
ATPro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What are the advantages of the CTX 3030 over the E-Trac

I am considering adding the CTX to my arsenal of detectors. That would make six but one can never have to many detectors

I love the E-Trac but would like to know of the CTX 3030 is worth the extra money

Out detecting with his Etrac forgot his GPS but not to worry he has his RNB and there's no reason to go home but I think a month long outing is stretching the staying power of the RNB... I think.

And what's your decision on the CTX......?????

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread