Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Being overseas I don't get to see many detectors up close, but I was wondering if the original shaft that comes with the ExCal is good for diving. I know a lot of people modify theirs when the get it, but that looks like more for beach and surf.
What do you divers think? should you still upgrade?, then again, I will most likely use it on the beach too.

It just looks like it would be ideal for diving to have it right in front of you and the weight does not become much of a factor.

Thanks

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do you mean by "original" shaft? When you get them new, they came with both a long beach shaft and a short dive shaft. I'm not aware of any aftermarket dive shafts, but, it wouldn't surprise me if there were some out there. The stock dive shaft seems to work fine for me. I've only used it snorkeling in shallow water however. There's barely enough room on the shaft to wrap all the coil cable, but, you can do it if you take your time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread