Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are swamped with work. Their tech Barry (Dave's brother) passed away from a massive stroke in February, the tech they hired in early April who was doing majority of excal repairs had personal family problems and moved back to Brazil in early August to help his family, they are not sure when he will return... They made a job posting on net looking for 2 electronic techs but they have not hired any yet, it is a hard position to fill.......They have been working 6 days a week 55-60 hours a week since late March trying to work through the back log, it was down to 3 week wait till the tech left in August..

I do know they have also had issues with getting some parts from Minelab for Excals and the 3030s so that has caused a part of the back log since parts come from Malaysia or Australia...They were out of stock on switches and pcb for excals and LCDs for the 3030 for awhile..

OP
OP
plymouthian12

plymouthian12

Silver Member
Mar 26, 2010
massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
DFX, EXcalibur, Dual Field, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 3030 is also going back after I get the excal back

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
plymouthian12

plymouthian12

Silver Member
Mar 26, 2010
massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They don't seem to hire enough help

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sad isn't it...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its not an easy position to fill, you need someone that is a apprentice or journeyman electronic tech but who also detects and understands the relationship between threshold, sensitivity and volume.

_________________________Tapatalk Signature_________________________

DT2016

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Damn. I wish I needed a job. Sounds like a blast for an EET.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think I'd ever be interested in a Minelab. I like what I have. Don't like the big bucks they ask.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Of note here, the Minelab repair center just happens to be in the path of the hurricane.

They'll do the very best they can. I dealt with Barry, and he was a huge sudden loss.

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Can you get the xchange 2 software to work?

Sent my excal out for repair 10 weeks ago they told me it would be 3 weeks now their talking another 2. 12 weeks for a repair seems outrages to me any thoughts

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
Its not an easy position to fill, you need someone that is a apprentice or journeyman electronic tech but who also detects and understands the relationship between threshold, sensitivity and volume.

______________________Tapatalk Signature_________________________

DT2016

I started my work life as a tech, and understand detectors. I wonder if I can open a West Coast branch?

NC Digger

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2015
Gaston County, NC
Detector(s) used
Safari, Excal2, CTX, Nox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They don't seem to hire enough help

My thoughts and my thoughts only.

A metal detector is a specialized machine. I would not want anyone working on it. I look at it this way. If I could afford a Ferrari I surely would not drop it off at the corner garage. So why would you expect someone with half a clue to work on your detector. I've seen a bunch of comments about how Minelab's does their warranty work. If it takes 3 months then that is what it takes. Ya I would like my machine back sooner but to have someone work on it that doesn't know what their doing and then have to send it back for more warranty work just doesn't make sense to me.

Hope you get my drift.

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There's always Fisher and Whites. Good luck with that. I'll stick to my Minelabs, and if/when one does break, I'll use my backup machine. There a reason we switched to Minelab and never looked back.

OP
OP
plymouthian12

plymouthian12

Silver Member
Mar 26, 2010
massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My thoughts and my thoughts only.

A metal detector is a specialized machine. I would not want anyone working on it. I look at it this way. If I could afford a Ferrari I surely would not drop it off at the corner garage. So why would you expect someone with half a clue to work on your detector. I've seen a bunch of comments about how Minelab's does their warranty work. If it takes 3 months then that is what it takes. Ya I would like my machine back sooner but to have someone work on it that doesn't know what their doing and then have to send it back for more warranty work just doesn't make sense to me.

Hope you get my drift.
I understand that but I'm also going to be sending back my 3030 a 5th time no excuse for that either

NC Digger

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2015
Gaston County, NC
Detector(s) used
Safari, Excal2, CTX, Nox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand that but I'm also going to be sending back my 3030 a 5th time no excuse for that either

I'm not sure what is going on with your ctx, yes it does seem excessive. My ctx had one drip in the battery box, just discolored the terminal for the battery. I sent it back. I had just picked up a excalibur and rushed into the water with it. Let my boy use the ctx and I had not really cleaning the channel of the ctx. My mistake. DO I Believe the ctx was rushed to production, probably. But I am not willing to have someone with out a track record of fixing it working on it. I hope your ctx is fixed for good this time!

OP
OP
plymouthian12

plymouthian12

Silver Member
Mar 26, 2010
massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the second machine they replaced the 1st

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Boy, I better be careful with mine....looks like a nightmare to send it back.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Damn. I wish I needed a job. Sounds like a blast for an EET.

One job that will change the way you look at detecting, I did it for a few years and was swamped with work. No fun mixing work and hobby.

Good Luck Kent, hope you can get all worked out.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just buy a new machine and send the broken one in when i get time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread