🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While hunting today, my threshold was interrupted by a high pitch tone that had nothing to do with a target. My threshold stopped and the high pitched tone lasted for a second or two and then the threshold came back to normal. My battery level was full, it wasn't an overload tone, it's a little hard to describe. I called Marty at Minelab he didn't have a clue other than maybe my battery voltage output was the problem. I'm running an RnB battery, but haven't tried the AA battery pack yet. Has anyone else encountered this. I had been planning to trade or sell the Etrac and go to either a CTX or Deus, but, I can't pass this situation on to someone else without knowing what in the world would cause it. It did it with 2 different coils, so, I don't think the coil had anything to do with it. I still have a couple of years of warranty on it, but, with the wait times, I'll wait until it gets worse or just live with it. Any input would be great.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Where you were detecting - is there ANY chance you had power lines either above or below you?

Have heard of such strange occurrences down in NM many years ago; radios glitching out, wipers going on and off, engines stalling, etc. ...Maybe a UFO?? :dontknow: :laughing7:

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dan...I see you have a Peri Probe...it wasn't fighting with that was it? Is the Periscope all everyone says it is? I don't think I've ever read anything negative,other than it sucks in rock hard ground. Then again,so does my hand trowel...Id kinda like to buy one at some point.

OP
OP
Dan(NM)

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you find a periscope probe for sale, buy it, if not, let me know :) It is the best thing since sliced bread and I've used one since they came out. Like you said, useless in hard rocky ground, but, I still use it like a normal probe after I hack the target out of bedrock like dirt. I think i figured out what the issue was, I was running my threshold tone as low as possible while running TTF. I raised the tone to as high as it would go and it never did it. Set my tone back down and bingo, did it again.

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to hear you got it sorted out. What would a guy expect to pay for the Periscope? I know where one is and it's like new,looks very nice. I'll tell you the price after I hear what it SHOULD be...to give you a hint,it's been for sale for awhile.

OP
OP
Dan(NM)

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$375-$400 Is the guys name Jimmy :) That's the price I paid for the 2 I bought this last year.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UFO's mess with my Explorer SE on occasion.
But it's usually more like the coil is going over bad targets fast continuously .
even when I lay the detector on the ground, Unplug the Headphones & step back.
I normally walk to the other side of the field till they go away.
once I had to leave town to loose them.
I drive faster then they can follow.

I would blame a high pitch Squeal on the RnB battery.
or connection interruptus

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dan(NM)

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do live close to Roswell and an Air Force base, they could be using a detector jamming devise. I have noticed a drone overhead when it happens.

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dan...it was on Milwaukeee CL for 750.00 for a year or better and now that I look it's taken down. Guy was a bit greedy I think!

OP
OP
Dan(NM)

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger