Still having problems with new style ctx batteries.

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it just me or is anyone else having issues with charging new style batteries for the ctx. I have been through 3 new style batteries and 2 chargers and cannot get a charge on the new style batteries. I cannot get a solid green light. The old style battery (which I only have one charges fine). What is the trick to get these batteries in the charging cradle correct.

MexGT

Sep 23, 2013
México
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030 & Stealth 920i
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I had 0 problems with mine (new style)

OP
OP
C

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to hear mex. Kind harsh signature though.

MexGT

Sep 23, 2013
México
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030 & Stealth 920i
Primary Interest:
lol nothing personal against someone, just laughed when I saw it :) just be sure the battery is really sited in the charger with the minelab letters correct reading looking to the lights, HH & GL !

Digger Max

Oct 27, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030
E-TRAC
ATPro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Working great here...Hopefully it's something simple. HH

OP
OP
C

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok. Here is the latest. Come to find out I was sent two older style battery chargers. Thanks to a new friend in Va Beach who alerted me the difference between a bc10 version 2, version 3, and a version 4 battery charger. Called minelab. Guess what? They put a new charger in the mail immediately. rev 2 and rev 3 dont charge the new style battery so well. Got a rev 4 coming. Good on minelab. and good on my new friend kbellcpa and theoutdoors360. Thanks I know I am new to metal detecting and I am not the brightest bulb in the house, but this had me really frustrated. It is important to have the right equipment. The three chargers look very similar,but there is a difference.

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Ok. Here is the latest. Come to find out I was sent two older style battery chargers. Thanks to a new friend in Va Beach who alerted me the difference between a bc10 version 2, version 3, and a version 4 battery charger. Called minelab. Guess what? They put a new charger in the mail immediately. rev 2 and rev 3 dont charge the new style battery so well. Got a rev 4 coming. Good on minelab. and good on my new friend kbellcpa and theoutdoors360. Thanks I know I am new to metal detecting and I am not the brightest bulb in the house, but this had me really frustrated. It is important to have the right equipment. The three chargers look very similar,but there is a difference.

So, is there an easy way to tell which one you have?

Cliff

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya know, until Can noted this I was not aware of the difference.... so I checked my charger, its marked on the tag the revision status just below the model number. Hope this helps anyone with questions about their charger

OP
OP
C

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, is there an easy way to tell which one you have?

Cliff

On the bottom on the charger there is an information label. On the top left hand corner it reads in very small font:
Model: BC 10
Rev. 04a

The rev stands for revision(i guess) I have a rev 02a and a rev 03a. Neither charges the newer style batteries well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread