CTX shows 2 targets

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
I went hunting with my wife this weekend, and had a great opportunity to demonstrate the CTX and it's ability to show 2 targets at once.

I found a signal that was half quarter signal and half iron blanking. Display showed an iron target and a quarter, target trace did not paint a line between them, but they were both apparent.

Target response was in Ferrous-Coin.

My wife had her SST from Whites, a nice little machine for her. Simple, fast with minimal controls.

She just heard iron, (SST is an all-metal machine with tone ID)

I dug a plug, and pulled out a large nail.

Rescanned and then pulled a quarter out of the hole.

Wish I had it on video! It was really cool, since she looked at me sideways when I told her how much I was spending on my new detector.

MexGT

Sep 23, 2013
México
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030 & Stealth 920i
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I find Fe/Co that it concentrates more on a ferrous target(s) than a high conductive one, for example if that nail was way bigger it would´ve beeped iron or nulled if you have that part of the screen cancelled out but yeah screen info shows both targets, in Gr/Co screen shows only 1 target but it beeps more on high conductives even with the same huge nail, dont know if Im making myself clear but its worth it if you compare Fe/Co and Gr/Co patterns with high iron :) GL & HH

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ctx is a great machine

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Agreed! The target trace feature on the CTX 3030 works very well to see several targets at once. No other machine can do that.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my opinion the CTX 3030 is the best target ID machine on the market. Your situation is a perfect example of it. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread