Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunted the 1817 iron infested trash infested house today and managed to pull 3 non ferrous targets from a spot that I beat with the deus. I ran fast on ,manual sen 18 -26 had to lower it to help with falsing, ferrous coin most of the time combined tones, did switch to high trash on a couple signals. open screen and did switch to one with a little notch out a couple times. any suggestions would be great.

DeepDigs

Oct 27, 2016
WI
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, XP Deus 2, XP Deus, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hunted the 1817 iron infested trash infested house today and managed to pull 3 non ferrous targets from a spot that I beat with the deus. I ran fast on ,manual sen 18 -26 had to lower it to help with falsing, ferrous coin most of the time combined tones, did switch to high trash on a couple signals. open screen and did switch to one with a little notch out a couple times. any suggestions would be great.

Hi Cal!

Do you by chance know the fer/con numbers of the targets you are looking for? I myself set up audio bins in the Exchange2 software to make the targets I'm looking for stand out, especially in iron infested areas. But I'm strictly a coin hunter so my setup would be different from yours.

Have you tried using target trace/target trace pinpoint? If not, to activate, press and hold the "detect" button and click both options on. It works wonders identifying multiple targets surrounded by iron.

For the the type of hunting you do, where you are looking for any non ferrous target, a 2 tone ferrous audio setup may be ideal. You could adjust your preferred tones in the Exchange2 software easily to your preference. If you would like me to take some screenshots for you let me know, it's 38 degrees and snowing w/ 30-40 mph winds here in WI so I'm inside today not detecting until the wind calms down at least ☹️

Last edited:
OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The targets are all over the place as far as were they hit. The 2 tone ferrous would be a good idea on some of my sites though thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread